.Buzz

Free Agent Tracker: News and Notes

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-best-available-nfl-free-agents-in-2020

As far as top guys, I'd say Hooper, Henry, Reader, Hargrave, and Littleton.

After that, Pierce, Shelby Harris, Ebron, Martinez, Jarran Reed, Glasgow, Fuller, and Brockers seem interesting.

I will say the statistics PFF references regarding Hooper's production worries me. Think Henry is the clear better option between the two, but Hooper's health is less worrisome. 

Edit: FWIW, from the sounds of it LAC is probably putting the transition tag and matching an offer on Henry so he's unlikely. But man would he be perfect...the guy when healthy can be on that Kelce/Kittle tier, imo.

Edited by .Buzz

Even if we were to cut just Dareus and the obvious guys (Lee, Swaim, etc.) that'd open up enough to sign 1-2 rock solid guys. Maybe not the Chris Jones's of the world, but guys like Hooper, Harris, Pierce, Martinez, etc.

There's word with Calais that they talked about potentially extending him and in which would lessen his cap hit as well. That's super intriguing if we decide to keep him. 

Cutting Norwell with the cap savings just doesn't make sense. It's only $5.5 you open up and the likelihood of you upgrading what he is (he still is a solid guard, just not elite like we're paying him) with that amount I'd say is low. Cann is the guy that we really need to focus on upgrading on.

Edited by .Buzz

On 28/01/2020 at 6:23 PM, .Buzz said:

Even if we were to cut just Dareus and the obvious guys (Lee, Swaim, etc.) that'd open up enough to sign 1-2 rock solid guys. Maybe not the Chris Jones's of the world, but guys like Hooper, Harris, Pierce, Martinez, etc.

There's word with Calais that they talked about potentially extending him and in which would lessen his cap hit as well. That's super intriguing if we decide to keep him. 

Cutting Norwell with the cap savings just doesn't make sense. It's only $5.5 you open up and the likelihood of you upgrading what he is (he still is a solid guard, just not elite like we're paying him) with that amount I'd say is low. Cann is the guy that we really need to focus on upgrading on.

The upgrade that matters most...is if you can fix the edges of the OLine.  Work outside in.

Continuing to circulate (although a lot mentioning Oesher thinking he will be) that Bouye will be cut.

Should have 35-40 available, even after taking into account rookies.

Sounding more promising on Yan front as well. Can easily structure him as well as 1-2 really solid FA's to low cap hits year one. Should be able to fill a few holes.

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Man i just dont like cutting Bouye. 

I'm with you in the mind of knowing he is a solid corner, but he's being paid like a top 5 corner right now and he hasn't been close to that in 2018 or 2019.

Think you can either sign a guy of what he's played like for much cheaper or draft a guy in the first few rounds and be fine. Bouye got burned by #1's minus his former teammate Hopkins who he always seemed to play good against. Think Herndon/FA/rookie can do that while not being paid $15M a year.

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm with you in the mind of knowing he is a solid corner, but he's being paid like a top 5 corner right now and he hasn't been close to that in 2018 or 2019.

Think you can either sign a guy of what he's played like for much cheaper or draft a guy in the first few rounds and be fine. Bouye got burned by #1's minus his former teammate Hopkins who he always seemed to play good against. Think Herndon/FA/rookie can do that while not being paid $15M a year.

We all know the open market is going to be overpriced all day. Losing our top 2 CBs and somehow finding someone as good as AJ  isn’t that easy. Its not like he’s average, he’s just overpaid 

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We all know the open market is going to be overpriced all day. Losing our top 2 CBs and somehow finding someone as good as AJ  isn’t that easy. Its not like he’s average, he’s just overpaid 

Bouye stunk last season and is overpaid. 

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Bouye stunk last season and is overpaid. 

Exactly.

Doesn't matter if he's our top corner if he's extremely average and making the money of an elite corner.

Can find someone that does what he has done for much less than his 12M cap hit even with an overpriced FA...or even get a rookie. Herndon proved to be very solid.

Edited by .Buzz