Free Agent Tracker: News and Notes

.Buzz

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

so schobert + Pierce + picking Simmons at 9 = Good D. 

i will throw in Chaisson as a Dark-Horse canidate for pick 9 because obviously if Ngakoue goes we will need someone to cover Allens Snaps(cuz Allens gonna be covering Ngakoues snaps).

Simmons isn't falling to 9. Plus, adding Schobert decreases the likelihood of us taking a LB at all. OT (if we get a NT in FA), Kinlaw, or a CB will be the pick imo.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Simmons isn't falling to 9. Plus, adding Schobert decreases the likelihood of us taking a LB at all. OT (if we get a NT in FA), Kinlaw, or a CB will be the pick imo.

with how Injury-plauged we were at LB i want 7 Linebackers plus simmons versatility should allow some creativity. 

i wouldnt fully rule out simmons just because we signed schobert. 

a quick 3-4 look even if we dont keep ngakoue would be pretty interesting cuz Simmons and allen both have atleast average coverage abilities. 

Bryan-Pierce-Jones

Simmons-Jack-Schobert-Allen

u can rotate Jacobs with simmons if u want. 

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

with how Injury-plauged we were at LB i want 7 Linebackers plus simmons versatility should allow some creativity. 

i wouldnt fully rule out simmons just because we signed schobert. 

a quick 3-4 look even if we dont keep ngakoue would be pretty interesting cuz Simmons and allen both have atleast average coverage abilities. 

Bryan-Pierce-Jones

Simmons-Jack-Schobert-Allen

u can rotate Jacobs with simmons if u want. 

MLB and WLB are filled. Unless you plan on playing him at safety I don't see where he starts. I'm not taking him because we had injury issues at LB last year...

He won't be there so it's a moot point. 

That front is terrible though fwiw.

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Fwiw Schobert's reported suitors were GB and LV. Neither have a need at LB either. NYG got Martinez too.

Wait...why is Lee even still here and not released already?  lol.  I feel like i just assumed they jettisoned him already.

Why would you even entertain the idea of keeping that scrub?  There are like...top tier elite receivers on decent contracts going for peanuts in trade.  He's not worth anywhere close to that contract, even if he was somehow miraculously healthy.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Wait...why is Lee even still here and not released already?  lol.  I feel like i just assumed they jettisoned him already.

Why would you even entertain the idea of keeping that scrub?  There are like...top tier elite receivers on decent contracts going for peanuts in trade.  He's not worth anywhere close to that contract, even if he was somehow miraculously healthy.

He'll be cut before long. I'm not sure why teams don't just cut everyone that will be immediately but...