Free Agent Tracker: News and Notes

.Buzz

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/03/michael-irvin-reveals-shocking-details-of-conversation-between-deandre-hopkins-bill-obrien

“He said ‘Michael, it was a bit of a power struggle there, because Bill O’Brien, coach O’Brien thought [Hopkins] had too much influence over the locker room.’ He called DeAndre Hopkins in a meeting to talk about this and to kind of, I guess, hash it out. In that meeting, he started the meeting with telling DeAndre Hopkins this – that blew my mind when DeAndre told me this.

He told DeAndre Hopkins, he said ‘hey, the last time I had to have a meeting like this it was with Aaron Hernandez.’ I was like ‘what, he put in Aaron Hernandez in this meeting?’ He said ‘yes he did.’ He said ‘Michael, that blew my mind that he would even bring that up. I’ve never been in any trouble, I don’t know why he would equate me with Aaron Hernandez.’

And from there, the meeting just deteriorated. He got into talking about DeAndre Hopkins – DeAndre Hopkins has a few kids from different women – he told DeAndre he doesn’t like that he has his ‘baby mamas’ around sometimes, and from that I think the relationship just went bad.”

Worth noting that Hopkins downplayed the situation:

But as all Jags fans should know by now, a lot of players can have issues with the team, but publicly state things were fine because they don't want to be viewed as the bad guy. Jalen, ARob, and Fowler are the minority when it comes to even major squabbles.

Edited by pwny
  • Like 2

On 10/04/2020 at 5:03 PM, pwny said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/03/michael-irvin-reveals-shocking-details-of-conversation-between-deandre-hopkins-bill-obrien

Worth noting that Hopkins downplayed the situation:

But as all Jags fans should know by now, a lot of players can have issues with the team, but publicly state things were fine because they don't want to be viewed as the bad guy. Jalen, ARob, and Fowler are the minority when it comes to even major squabbles.

It's that thing where teams always try to smear outgoing players with a negative garnish.  Just sucks our team does this do darn often.

I do think it's kinda different, in that Jalen was extremely vocal about everything, and there was no putting a muzzle on that.  He was gone, from the moment he started bad-mouthing the team.  Guys like ARob, Fowler...Yan impending...these are the sort of things you can try to repair.  But this team has failed badly at doing so.

You simply cannot ever build a chamionship caliber team, while bleeding talent like that...in guys who just don't want to play there anymore.  

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, i wouldn't be upset with it, considering it'd probably be a cheap deal.  But he's never been the guy who landed that kinda crazy contract from the Bears...and isn't he basically kinda completely busted up and broken these days?  Like...they're not just out there cutting/getting rid of good players for fun.

Cheap depth deal as a depth competitor at a position of need?  Sure.  Maybe one of him or Eifert is healthy at any given time and they can just tag in and out or something.