The Good Place (NBC)

NewAge

On 10/5/2018 at 6:12 PM, drd23 said:

Yesterday's episode was not as funny imo, but I did chuckle at them blaming Michael's interference for the reason why the Jags are good now

That was hilarious - The Jacksonville Jaguars made the playoffs! Blake Bortles might be good; experts are debating over this!

• Like 1

Episode 3 was better than last weeks.

Laughed at Janet revealing life's little truths to the guy at the news agent selling them the scratchie and to the bar tender.  Also not sure I've ever sympathised with Jason more when he was talking about trying to watch NFL at 3am on a Monday morning

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:51 AM, drd23 said:

Episode 3 was better than last weeks.

Laughed at Janet revealing life's little truths to the guy at the news agent selling them the scratchie and to the bar tender.  Also not sure I've ever sympathised with Jason more when he was talking about trying to watch NFL at 3am on a Monday morning

Yep. I did it for over 5 years. Sucked.

Finally picked up Season 3. Its ok so far, but seems like it still needs to find its footing. Also, the characters seem slightly off this season. 

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, drd23 said:

It's sad to hear but it sounds like they are making the right decision in ending the show before it starts to drag

Yeah, I fell off on following it - but it didn't feel like it kept the earlier momentum it had.

Best to walk away now, I'm guessing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 8:25 AM, ET80 said:

Yeah, I fell off on following it - but it didn't feel like it kept the earlier momentum it had.

Best to walk away now, I'm guessing.

Yup. Much like Happy Endings finishing after just 3 seasons.

Honestly I didnt think the premise could last more than 1 full season, so the fact they successfully got this far is great. They are right to have a final season creatively, otherwise they'd have to stretch it. Beside, Kristin Bell is needed in Neptune. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Watched season 3 this weekend. I think its much better than season 2, but both are huge steps down from season 1, but that first season has to be one of the best first seasons ever for a network sitcom. Season 4 sounds about right for the show ending. They dont have to drag it out, and hopefully they can wrap things up nicely.

Season 3, Richard Moore of Sugar Land, TX. He's probably a few streets away from me, with his nickels and hollowed out eggplant. Always neat to hear your city get a nod on a show, even if it's small.

Also, it's Sugar Land. Not Sugarland. Two words, not one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...