• CB Jeff Okudah
    • OT Andrew Thomas
    • LB Isaiah Simmons
    • OT Tristan Wirfs
    • WR CeeDee Lamb
    • Other [Specify]
    • [[Leave Blank]]

14 minutes ago, Killashaw said:

Picking Brown at #3 would be such a reach. At least Okudah is a top 10 talent in the draft. Lions should obviously hope to get a good trade down offer if they like Brown but if not I wouldn't pick him at 3. Just a no go.

Brown is an absolute freak of a man. The things he can do at that size is special. 

He most definitely is worthy of being taken this high.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Brown is an absolute freak of a man. The things he can do at that size is special. 

He most definitely is worthy of being taken this high.

Absolutely this. Brown is a beast worth taking in the top 5 IMO. 
Like other posters wrote before me, a trade down (if possible) and then grabbing I. Simmons would be ideal. 
If not I went Brown - Okudah - Thomas. They sould just go BPA if no trade materialize, and it's bound to be one of those 3 picks. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Killashaw said:

Picking Brown at #3 would be such a reach. At least Okudah is a top 10 talent in the draft. Lions should obviously hope to get a good trade down offer if they like Brown but if not I wouldn't pick him at 3. Just a no go.

Brown is more talented than Okudah frankly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Killashaw said:

Except for the fact that Derrick Brown is ELITE.

How is he a reach? He is an unreal run stopper and has pass rush versatility. He's not some fat slob that can't move.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Except for the fact that Derrick Brown is ELITE.

How is he a reach? He is an unreal run stopper and has pass rush versatility. He's not some fat slob that can't move.

Don't get me wrong, I do like Brown. And the reach thing is a little bit of an over exaggeration I realize that now, but I just don't see him as a value #3 pick. More of 10-15 pick. Okudah is just one of the most completed CB I have seen in a while. 

I don't think DET is set anywhere that they shouldn't just go BPA.   And that IMO is Thomas.  I get they have Wagner & Decker, but honestly, Wagner is not a guy you extend into his next contract, and then you have book-end T's for a long, long time.    Lane Johnson has been LT-capable, but he and Peters together (with Brooks inside) has been a huge reason for PHI's success.

Frankly, if DET isn't open to taking Thomas, then yeah, take a trade down even if you don't get book value, if it gets you 5 or 6.   Because then you get Okudah/Brown (NYG would likely run to podium to grab Thomas).   At least then you are maxxing out draft value.

Edited by Broncofan

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I don't think DET is set anywhere that they shouldn't just go BPA.   And that IMO is Thomas.  I get they have Wagner & Decker, but honestly, Wagner is not a guy you extend into his next contract, and then you have book-end T's for a long, long time.    Lane Johnson has been LT-capable, but he and Peters together (with Brooks inside) has been a huge reason for PHI's success.

Frankly, if DET isn't open to taking Thomas, then yeah, take a trade down even if you don't get book value, if it gets you 5 or 6.   Because then you get Okudah/Brown (NYG would likely run to podium to grab Thomas).   At least then you are maxxing out draft value.

Thomas isn't even the consensus #1 OT in the draft, at least from everything I've read.  What makes him BPA in your opinion?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Thomas isn't even the consensus #1 OT in the draft, at least from everything I've read.  What makes him BPA in your opinion?

Footwork, bend, hand work, technique all there.   The knock that he can't run block IMO isn't all supported by his tape.   There have been plays where he's held off 2 diff guys in pass rush, and taken out 3 guys in runs, and not just vs. cream puff competition.  He took out the Auburn & Florida pass rushers, he was a wall, when both came in as total dominant juggernauts.  I'm not a mash-up guy, but I'm a total believer. 

Edited by Broncofan

8 minutes ago, Killashaw said:

Don't get me wrong, I do like Brown. And the reach thing is a little bit of an over exaggeration I realize that now, but I just don't see him as a value #3 pick. More of 10-15 pick. Okudah is just one of the most completed CB I have seen in a while. 

I hope he's a 10-15 pick so I can steal him away to my Brownies.

Just now, Broncofan said:

Footwork, bend, hand work, technique all there.   The knock that he can't run block IMO isn't all supported by his tape.   There have been plays where he's held off 2 diff guys in pass rush, and taken out 3 guys.  I'm not a mash-up guy, but I'm a total believer. 

I think if you have a good blend of pass/run, go with Thomas. If you want to be more of a run-oriented team, I'd give a slight edge to Wirfs. If you need a pure RT, go with Wills.

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Footwork, bend, hand work, technique all there.   The knock that he can't run block IMO isn't all supported by his tape.   There have been plays where he's held off 2 diff guys in pass rush, and taken out 3 guys in runs, and not just vs. cream puff competition.  He took out the Auburn & Florida pass rushers, he was a wall, when both came in as total dominant juggernauts.  I'm not a mash-up guy, but I'm a total believer. 

Okay, thanks for the response.  So I guess Wirfs and Wills just don't have the combination of traits you're looking for to overtake Thomas as your OT1.

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Okay, thanks for the response.  So I guess Wirfs and Wills just don't have the combination of traits you're looking for to overtake Thomas as your OT1.

Wills footwork is an issue at the NFL level to stay at LT.   Wirfs isn't nearly as polished (love his mauling mentality, and has the tools to stay at LT, though).  I really think Thomas is a (and I don't say this lightly, given NFLGen talk on generational QB's) generational talent.    Far more excited on him now than Tunsil/Stanley when they came out, for example.    I have Thomas, gap, gap, Wirfs, small gap, then Wills/others.....

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He isn't falling past JAX. Our interior is so bad right now.

While I agree with that sentiment, I could see Jacksonville going in a variety of ways. They have a ton of holes and I could see them taking any position other than RB (not a need), WR (not a need), and TE (no value in R1).

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Wills footwork is an issue at the NFL level.   Wirfs isn't nearly as polished (love his mauling mentality, and has the tools, though).  I really think Thomas is a (and I don't say this lightly, given NFLGen talk on generational QB's) generational talent.    Far more excited on him now than Tunsil/Stanley when they came out, for example.

Wow. That's a high mark! I haven't seen him dominate in the run game, but I need to watch more tape. I'll dig in tonight.