Giants Coaching Staff

Acgott

McGaughey led a solid group last season. I'd like to see more explosion in the return game but punting, punt and kick coverage have all been very good. Rosas had some struggles but overall McGaughey has been good. Kitchens is interesting. Obviously the Browns were a dumpster fire under Freddie but he's an experienced coach, which Judge needs. DC will be very interesting

10 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

McGaughey led a solid group last season. I'd like to see more explosion in the return game but punting, punt and kick coverage have all been very good. Rosas had some struggles but overall McGaughey has been good. Kitchens is interesting. Obviously the Browns were a dumpster fire under Freddie but he's an experienced coach, which Judge needs. DC will be very interesting

Also, Kitchens, like Shumar, seems to be better as an OC than HC. 

39 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

Would rather keep Bettcher.  Graham couldn’t even find a way to use Minkah. 

That's definitely an indictment on Graham, but he did other things well. He's much better than Bettcher, even if only because he is a better teacher of fundamentals and is way more flexible in scheme and personnel. He couldn't find a spot for Minkah, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. He played everywhere in that defense. It's a good lesson to learn- coaches value flexibility, and you love guys that can do everything, but even when a guy can do everything it doesnt mean he should. 

Graham definitely isnt the most exciting name, and the fact that Miami is even giving him permission to make this lateral move is concerning, but I think he's a good coach.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

That's definitely an indictment on Graham, but he did other things well. He's much better than Bettcher, even if only because he is a better teacher of fundamentals and is way more flexible in scheme and personnel. He couldn't find a spot for Minkah, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. He played everywhere in that defense. It's a good lesson to learn- coaches value flexibility, and you love guys that can do everything, but even when a guy can do everything it doesnt mean he should. 

Graham definitely isnt the most exciting name, and the fact that Miami is even giving him permission to make this lateral move is concerning, but I think he's a good coach.

It’s concerning that Graham couldn’t find a spot for Minkah, but he becomes an All Pro with the Steelers. If we get Simmons, I think Graham will waste his talent.  

Bettcher hasn’t yielded the same defenses with us as Arizona, but he had top defenses with them. Graham hasn’t.  Neither would be great hires, especially when there are much better DC out there. 

19 hours ago, Kodaraw said:

It’s concerning that Graham couldn’t find a spot for Minkah, but he becomes an All Pro with the Steelers. If we get Simmons, I think Graham will waste his talent.  

Bettcher hasn’t yielded the same defenses with us as Arizona, but he had top defenses with them. Graham hasn’t.  Neither would be great hires, especially when there are much better DC out there. 

I mean, the hire is not exciting but I feel as though Minkah being traded was more about knowing they weren't going to compete than a DC not knowing what to do with an ultra-talented CB/S... There was no point in keeping him if they aren't going to be competitive for a few seasons.