Giants Coaching Staff

Acgott

29 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

The writing was on the wall for jason garrett to come here for a while. I actually think this is a great idea. He should compliment Judge well 

I'd support Garrett as OC. But if the offense does well it probably won't be long til someone plucks him for HC again. So have to consider the DJ factor. If Garrett is only here for a year or 2 that means DJ will have had 3 OC's in his first 3-4 years.

1 hour ago, Shockey1979 said:

I'd support Garrett as OC. But if the offense does well it probably won't be long til someone plucks him for HC again. So have to consider the DJ factor. If Garrett is only here for a year or 2 that means DJ will have had 3 OC's in his first 3-4 years.

Hard to say if he'd be seen as head coaching material again. He had 9 seasons with the Cowboys with very special talent over there and could not get them over the hump. 3 playoff appearances with 0 wins wont look good on his resume for another team should someone inquire in the distant future. I think he'd be happy to have that onus off his back and be stable with being a coordinator again.

Edited by Giants4eva

On 1/13/2020 at 1:23 PM, Acgott said:

We are officially the New England Dolphins of New York

Are you’re surprised? You hired a Patriots assistant, they will bring in every coach or player with any tie to New England they can find. And Alabama guys will become highly sought after as well. Look at Detroit, Houston, Tennessee and aforementioned Miami, same deal in NY now, guys. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

We requested permission to interview Bills OC Brian Daboll for our OC job and got denied lol. I love the balls Judge has to straight up ask multiple teams if he can steal their coordinators. Hey, it worked once!

I just imagine it going something like this:

Judge: psssssttttt

Other Teams: ....

Judge. Psssssttttt

Other Teams: .....

Judge: PSSSSSSSSTTTTTT

Other Teams: WHAT

Judge: "can I have your coaches?"

Other Teams: I swear. If you ask one more time :D

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Was just thinking this. Either Judge is being picky, or they are trying to flesh out the entire staff before announcing/finalizing hirings on the offensive side.

I just checked the forum for Shurmur’s hires. Bettcher was hired 1/23. Shula 2/13. Guess it not super crazy