Giants Coaching Staff

Acgott

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

I just checked the forum for Shurmur’s hires. Bettcher was hired 1/23. Shula 2/13. Guess it not super crazy 

Shurmur was announced 1/22, although that was because Minnesota was in the championship game 

5 hours ago, Kodaraw said:

Should have gone for Cowboys Gary Brown.  He’d be good for Gallamn and Barkley

Burton Burns is legit. Classic creole boy with a loooong history of helping develop fantastic RBs. Former bama RBs love him. Both Mark Ingram and Derrick Henry have publicly remarked on this hiring. 

26 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

It appears that hiring JG meant no Bill Callahan.  If Judge knew that, then he made a mistake imo.  Kitchens/BC > JG/Columbo. 

Agreed... "if" hiring JG was actually Judge's call. Feels more like a Mara influenced hire. Judge is going around gathering up former associates from the Pats and then just randomly hires JG who he had no history with? Feels like it was forced on him. No proof just my thoughts on the matter.

15 minutes ago, Acgott said:

You wanted kitchens as our OC? He was an OC for 8 games

I would have preferred Kitchens to JG if it meant we got Bill Callahan as OL coach.  I think BC is an upper tier OL coach which we desperately need. Kitchens offense during those 8 games was pretty decent

1 hour ago, Kodaraw said:

I would have preferred Kitchens to JG if it meant we got Bill Callahan as OL coach.  I think BC is an upper tier OL coach which we desperately need. Kitchens offense during those 8 games was pretty decent

That’s a huge risk on a very small sample size. Is anyone even looking at Kitchens for a OC position or just TE, etc.

OC is more important than OL coach, especially for a young HC and QB.