Acgott

Giants Coaching Staff

5 hours ago, Acgott said:

That’s a huge risk on a very small sample size. Is anyone even looking at Kitchens for a OC position or just TE, etc.

OC is more important than OL coach, especially for a young HC and QB.

To be fair, JG hasn’t been an OC since like 2010 or so.  And there’s a lot of speculation from Dallas fans (and Romo) that JG held the offense back significantly. 

8 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

Agreed... "if" hiring JG was actually Judge's call. Feels more like a Mara influenced hire. Judge is going around gathering up former associates from the Pats and then just randomly hires JG who he had no history with? Feels like it was forced on him. No proof just my thoughts on the matter.

These latest two hires help your point

1 hour ago, Kodaraw said:

To be fair, JG hasn’t been an OC since like 2010 or so.  And there’s a lot of speculation from Dallas fans (and Romo) that JG held the offense back significantly. 

And hiring Garrett is a risk of course, but I have more faith in him than I would with Kitchens running the whole offense

19 hours ago, Kodaraw said:

Ehh, I always thought he made Romo look better than he did. If I remember correctly, Romo's number's fell of a cliff when JG relinquished play calling duties. 

9 hours ago, Acgott said:

Good hire. Not as established as some of the other OL coaches out there like Deguglielmo and Hiestand, but I love that he brings playing experience, and he did a really nice job with the Dallas OL last year.