The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

Yes. I didn’t watch AAF. Was a rushed product, terrible designs, channel mess, and marketing themselves desperately as a NFL feeder league. It was painfully obvious they rushed the product to beat the XFL to market. 

XFL has done things the right way. Taken their time, channels/broadcasting is much better laid out, marketing is better, uniforms are better, and they don’t market themselves as a feeder league. They are also not doing the Head to Head approach with the NFL this time though which is basically suicide. For hardcore fans who want an alternative during the off season. 

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

Not even sure they make it to week 10 after the last league folded. 

Also Vince McMahon so this is doomed from the start.

Now we just need Donnie Boi to bring back the USFL.

The last one folded because they rushed the product to beat the XFL to market. They were also well under funded from the start. Vince had dedicated over triple the capital AAF had. This will last at least one full season for sure. Probably at least two but we’ll see. 

Not sure why Vince gets so much hate. He took something that has a fixed outcome and turned it into a billion dollar empire anyways. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The last one folded because they rushed the product to beat the XFL to market. They were also well under funded from the start. Vince had dedicated over triple the capital AAF had. This will last at least one full season for sure. Probably at least two but we’ll see. 

Not sure why Vince gets so much hate. He took something that has a fixed outcome and turned it into a billion dollar empire anyways. 

Vince gets hate because he's a clown, and while yes he had success with wrestling he's already failed once at the XFL. 

Capital does not make a quality product.

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

Vince gets hate because he's a clown, and while yes he had success with wrestling he's already failed once at the XFL. 

Capital does not make a quality product.

And you learn from your mistakes and correct them the next time out. 99.99999% of everyones first business fails or new business in different niche. 

10 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Same. Really liked Connor Cook. Before the rams traded up for Goff I wanted us to select Cook

I had Cook as the potential developmental guy behind... He Who Shall not be Named.

8 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Look at his filmography and tell me you take this man learning from his mistakes seriously. 

I don't think he's losing money - I mean, he's not making money hand over fist, but he's probably grinding out a marginal profit from those Straight-To-DVD disasters. The overhead on those movies has to be basically non-existent, and if even ONE of these hit as a commercial success, he's justified the entire existence of WWE Studios - all the way back to Suburban Commando and No Holds Barred.

His mistakes are probably measured differently than we'd assume. He's not in it for the artistic expression, he's in it for the money.