The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

6 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

The punters are the real stars of this league.

Schum actually was the Packers' punter once upon a time. He broke his back and was told that he could never kick again. The XFL is his comeback. I believe it's been five years since he last punted or something like that. Not sure why he's so ripped, I originally thought he was a LB lol. One of my favorite players, though. He's a super positive personality and post lots of motivational crap.

Yeah I remember him in GB but had no clue on his back story. Count me in on the Vipers.

• Like 1

I found a fantasy league for those of you who want to check it out. The XFL app is also available; sounds like it's very sleek and easy to use. Just download, pick your favorite team and you're set. I'm also hearing about something called XFL Play that gives you cash prizes for correctly predicting scores, but I don't have a link for that yet.

Seems like a fair amount of recycled AAF players. So I expect a similar level product. 

If the AAF didn't succeed, even with the NFL links to the point games were on NFL network, I can't see it lasting. 

The sheer amount of money available means it might last a bit longer, but no start up league will work until it properly links into the NFL structure 

12 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I found a fantasy league for those of you who want to check it out. The XFL app is also available; sounds like it's very sleek and easy to use. Just download, pick your favorite team and you're set. I'm also hearing about something called XFL Play that gives you cash prizes for correctly predicting scores, but I don't have a link for that yet.

Got a fantasy league going with me and 3 of my buddies using that site. Seems pretty basic and easy so far, will see come draft time tonight .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Seems like a fair amount of recycled AAF players. So I expect a similar level product. 

If the AAF didn't succeed, even with the NFL links to the point games were on NFL network, I can't see it lasting. 

The sheer amount of money available means it might last a bit longer, but no start up league will work until it properly links into the NFL structure 

Nah I think that one of the reasons AAF failed actually. We don’t wanna see a minor league. 

18 hours ago, SkippyX said:

They are running adds here in Houston for the Rough Necks.

Come on down, y'all to see 100% O'Brien Free Football!

• We have a coach!
  • We have a GM!
  • They are not the same person and neither of them are morons!

OK, not really, but maybe they should.

Skippy, you gotta knock this off! 

You're a Texans fan. Stop smooching with other women here! 

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

I joined, and it should be easy to figure out which team I am. But I have no idea who anybody else is lol

• Like 1

Actually the Roughnecks' head coach and general manager are the same person but it's June Jones, not Bill O'Brien. (Jones is coming back to the states from the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, who he led to the playoffs in 2018.)

2 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

At least he's shopping local, right? xD

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

I actually think he's an Eagles fan in Houston. He represents every Texans' fans hatred of BoB in a very respectful fashion, I'd be proud to call him a Texans fan such as myself. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Got a fantasy league going with me and 3 of my buddies using that site. Seems pretty basic and easy so far, will see come draft time tonight .

So following up on this...

We used the altfantasysports.com site, and it went decently. Took quite a few refreshes and a couple re-logins because it was a bit buggy (which we kind of expected being that it isn't an official fantasy site like Yahoo or ESPN), but nonetheless it got the job done. When setting your queue/drafting, expect to have to occasionally click the buttons a few times since it doesn't seem to like to register that you've clicked it lol.

I would recommend using the following 2 sites to help you draft. There's an ADP filter you can click but it's not helpful since most of the players are unknown commodities and I think people are just drafting players with no clue of who's who and therefor the ADP isn't the most accurate in telling which player will be good.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/xfl-fantasy-football-rankings-by-position-2020-01dyfrnhzzvz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_XFL_Draft

• Like 1