The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

Do you watch CFB?

Especially considering College Football you are not watching grown men. A team in the XFL would still absolutely annihilate any CFB team. 

You have to look at it like weight classes in MMA/Boxing. 

Saying the NFL only matters is like saying Heavyweight Divisions only matter. There will still be highly entertaining games and skilled players.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

And you learn from your mistakes and correct them the next time out. 99.99999% of everyones first business fails or new business in different niche. 

Thinking that stat is just a touch exaggerated.

Of course I won't be watching. (Then again I only half-watch the NFL but still...)  All these leagues hoping they'll be the next AFL or whatever are dreaming. As someone else said, playing in the fall/winter is doomed because NFL and in the spring/summer who the hell wants to watch football? I'd rather be travelling, going to the park, taking day trips, cookouts etc vs watching any football, let alone some lame boring inferior version of the NFL. 

7 minutes ago, bomont said:

Thinking that stat is just a touch exaggerated.

Of course I won't be watching. (Then again I only half-watch the NFL but still...)  All these leagues hoping they'll be the next AFL or whatever are dreaming. As someone else said, playing in the fall/winter is doomed because NFL and in the spring/summer who the hell wants to watch football? I'd rather be travelling, going to the park, taking day trips, cookouts etc vs watching any football, let alone some lame boring inferior version of the NFL. 

That’s where we differ. Inject football into my veins 365/24/7. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

McMahon is never satisfied with wrestling; he's always tried to punch above his weight with expensive side projects. The restaurant in Times Square, the World Bodybuilding Federation, the first XFL ... they're all long gone. So I'm not expecting much. But yeah, I'll give it a shot out of boredom if nothing else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bomont said:

As someone else said, playing in the fall/winter is doomed because NFL and in the spring/summer who the hell wants to watch football? I'd rather be travelling, going to the park, taking day trips, cookouts etc vs watching any football, let alone some lame boring inferior version of the NFL. 

A lot of us on the site here absolutely love football.

Weird to hear, I know...

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Games on Fox and ABC?  Yeah, I'll tune in if I don't have to pay for it, still football.  If they were smart they'd stream all their games on their own app for free and try to live off of ad money, but I bet the network contracts preclude that as an option.  I would have watched a lot more AAF if I could have just flipped on a local network and watched.

I'd be shocked if the games weren't streamed through whatever the networks own app is. 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

A lot of us on the site here absolutely love football.

Weird to hear, I know...

Year round?  Some no doubt go for that, but I suspect a fair # even on this site don't.

And even if so somehow I doubt the people on this site are enough to carry hack leagues like this. To each their own

9 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

I'd be shocked if the games weren't streamed through whatever the networks own app is. 

That's one thing I'd bet on. Vince will have a much better streaming service and options than the NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 11:41 PM, BayRaider said:

The last one folded because they rushed the product to beat the XFL to market. They were also well under funded from the start. Vince had dedicated over triple the capital AAF had. This will last at least one full season for sure. Probably at least two but we’ll see. 

Not sure why Vince gets so much hate. He took something that has a fixed outcome and turned it into a billion dollar empire anyways. 

Vince is actually a terrible businessman. As CM Punk said, he's a millionaire when he should be a billionaire. The only reason why WWE is still around is because WCW shot themselves in the foot.

Edited by Elky

On 1/9/2020 at 11:37 PM, SwoleXmad said:

Not even sure they make it to week 10 after the last league folded. 

Also Vince McMahon so this is doomed from the start.

Now we just need Donnie Boi to bring back the USFL.

Disagree... the last league folded because they rushed the product to beat the XFL. They didnt take their time like the XFL did... it takes time to study the players and coaches to make it successful and it takes time to find out what the fans want. It seems like this league has been listening. Fans are tired of bad calls by refs... xfl has listened and boom they will be using hawk eye technology. Fans are tired of kickoffs becoming meaningless  so they changed ruled that if its kicked out of endzone ball comes up to 35 yard line and the coverage unit cant run until after ball has been caught. Allows for player safety without taking out the excitement  of returns. Fans are tired of OT rules with tie possibilities and a team can win without the other possesing a ball so boom they have a shootout at the 5 yard line. Then of course they got rid of extra points and just put 1, 2 and 3 point conversion attempts in which should makes games more interesting. 

I will definitely be watching to see Eric Dungey! 

• Like 1