The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Portland, OR needs to be the first destination for the league in terms of expansion. The passion with Oregon/Oregon State football tells me a Portland franchise would RAKE in money.

Then, Salt Lake City. Utah would go ballistic for a pro football team.

They could go after markets that have NFL teams that have sucked for a long time too to try and give the fans hope for another option to root for. 

Detroit would work in that thought process but I'm just not sure where they would play... Doubt an XFL team could fill Ford Field and there aren't any decent college stadiums in the immediate area they could use...

20 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

I'm curious if Columbus could support a team. Bigger city than Cleveland or Cinnci and can draw from both markets. Also one of the fastest growing cities in the country.

7 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

A team somewhere in Ohio makes a ton of sense 

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Portland, OR needs to be the first destination for the league in terms of expansion. The passion with Oregon/Oregon State football tells me a Portland franchise would RAKE in money.

Then, Salt Lake City. Utah would go ballistic for a pro football team.

Alright. So, in our theoretical four-team expansion of the XFL, we'd add Portland, Salt Lake City, Columbus. All three make sense, honestly. What would the fourth be? I feel like Oklahoma City would be a good spot for a pro team, but @ET80, we don't want to give something like that to Oklahoma, right? Anyways, Missouri has a team and Texas has two. XFL might not be looking at Oklahoma when there's a lot more space available.

The Divisions could be:

West Coast - POR, SEA, LA

Cowboy - SLC, HOU, DAL

Middle America - COL, STL, ???

East Coast - DC, NY, TB

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I feel like Oklahoma City would be a good spot for a pro team, but @ET80, we don't want to give something like that to Oklahoma, right?

I honestly think that'll poach away fans from the Dallas/Houston footprint. I'm not opposed to it, but I'm thinking how it would work.

It might be in a tight area, but St. Paul/Minneapolis? Get a few snow games as a potential season opener?

17 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

FIFY

Back off! He was mine first.

In all seriousness, I AM one of those Rams fans that overreacted in the 2016 pre-season and bought a Nelson Spruce jersey. Don't blame me, though. First off, his jersey was actually like the hottest selling Rams jersey for like a month. Secondly, he was probably the best WR on our roster at that point. I mean, Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, and Brian Quick were our top three. Yikes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I honestly think that'll poach away fans from the Dallas/Houston footprint. I'm not opposed to it, but I'm thinking how it would work.

It might be in a tight area, but St. Paul/Minneapolis? Get a few snow games as a potential season opener?

Twin Cities Hockey Players? Sounds like an XFL team.

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

Twin Cities Hockey Players? Sounds like an XFL team.

Twin City Goons.

21c1056e0097f532b8e299780e84e3fc.jpg

Here's your color scheme and your unofficial mascot - Sean William Scott. That American Pie money must have dried out by now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I like that idea. We need to bring outdoor football back to Minnesota.

Congratulations on your team's first win. Enjoy the sound of victory!

• Like 1

Through two games, the league leaders in major stats are:

PASSING:

Cardale Jones, DC - 16-26, 62%, 291 PssYds, 11.2 YPA, 1 Sck, 8 SckYds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

PJ Walker, HOU - 23-39, 59%, 272 PssYds, 7 YPA, 1 Sck, 7 SckYds, 4 TDs, 1 INT

RUSHING: 

Elijah Hood, LA - 12 Car, 43 RshYds, 3.6 YPC

Kenneth Farrow, SEA - 7 Car, 41 RshYds, 5.9 YPC

JaQuan Gardner, SEA - 9 Car, 36 RshYds, 4 YPC

RECEIVING:

Nelson Spruce, LA - 15 Tar, 11 Rec, 103 RecYds, 9.4 YPR

Austin Proehl, SEA - 10 Tar, 5 Rec, 88 RecYds, 17.6 YPR, 2 TDs

Eli Rogers, DC - 6 Tar, 6 Rec, 72 RecYds, 12.2 YPR

DEFENSE:

LaTroy Lewis, HOU - 2 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 3 QB Hits, 2 Tackles for a loss, 1 Pass Defended, 1 Forced Fumble

Kony Ealy, HOU - 3 Tackles, 0.5 Sack, 5 QB Hits, 2 Tackles for a loss

Shawn Oakman, LA - 1 Tackle, 1 Sack, 2 QB Hits, 1 Tackle for a loss

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 2

Postgame press conferences with DC's Pep Hamilton and Houston's June Jones, who looks like he's just come back from an island vacation. "The NFL stole some of the ideas from Vince from 2001 in the XFL," Jones says casually when asked about the innovations of the new league. "The camera in the middle of the field deal, and they stole a few other ideas of his, too. So I would think the networks are looking at this hard and will propose some of these things to the National Football League." xD

Highlights are up courtesy of ESPN!