The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

They want kick returns, not touchbacks or fair catches. So if its too close to the ST lines they will probably fair catch it. They also want more offense. Neither of which are bad ideas. 

That's all fine and good, but the 45 of the opp is still absurd, imo.

Overall, I preferred FOX's presentation to ABC's yesterday. Both were good, but the ABC one was a bit jumbled with all the audio and player interviews. FOX's coverage felt smoother and more legit, in large part due to Curt Menefee's commentary and Brock Huard's sideline interviews. The lady on ABC jumped in TMZ-style while Brock took it easier on the players because he's been in their shoes before.

XFL-w1.jpg

On to the Sunday games! The XFL gave me a lot to get excited about yesterday, so I'm pumped. Somehow a bunch of snakes ended up on a plane (ask Samuel L. Jackson for details) and have landed in the world's largest concrete jungle. But never fear; the New York Guardians are here to send them right back where they came from. Meanwhile...it's a hawk! It's a jet fighter! It's...some bizarre combination of the two, coming out of St. Louis for an airstrike on Dallas.

All this and more, today on the eXtra Fun League!

Tampa Bay Vipers @ New York Guardians, FOX, 2pm ET
St. Louis Battlehawks @ Dallas Renegades, ESPN, 5pm ET

Edited by y*so*blu

3 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Can we move this thread to the Other Sports section? I prefer NFL General stay about the major leagues.

The Moderator team has already discussed our plan for the XFL. As such, it will stay in NFL General until further notice.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM a Moderator.

Tks.

• Like 5

Here we go! Guardians are officially on duty! Nice kick return.

McGloin immediately goes to work. Methodical drive down the field. NY costs themselves five yards in the red zone, then TB is flagged for a blatant DPI grab. That sets them up at the one and Matt takes it in himself, hurling the ball up into the stands!

1-point attempt is good. 7-0 Guardians. Brilliant start.

Edited by y*so*blu

MetLife Stadium is huge, but maybe the team will grow into it. I need one of those gargoyle masks! :D

Awesome throw by Murray converts a 3rd and 12, but then his throw to the endzone is tipped and intercepted!

Geez, Darius Victor is built like a shot put. Glad I don't have to tackle him. 

Mekale McKay still rocking that hood under the jersey, love it. And now a touchdown to Colby Pearson, who was on IR and almost missed the game. Finally we start hearing the play calls again. Murray has made some excellent throws into tight windows but the Vipers' drives keep stalling out.

Those PJ Walker highlights were pretty impressive. He looked like prime McNabb, just shorter, with his ability to evade pressure and ad-lib a strike.
So far, It's kinda like watching 8 teams made up of E/W Shrine Bowl and NFLPA Game quality players, with a couple Senior Bowl talents tossed in, but that's something I can watch.

I'd love to see Tavien Feaster sign with one of these teams if he goes undrafted.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Vipers have been jumping offsides several times and finally start getting flagged. We have our first ejected player as Ricky Walker throws a punch at center Ian Silberman, and the crowd sings him goodbye. No interview with Walker, sadly. ^_^

I think he took #readytostrike a little too literal

• Like 1