The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Some of you guys seemed to be pimping this league all over the place. What am I missing? Why are you all so excited you are doing the advertising? 

For me it's the broadcasts, all the live mics, hearing the coaches communicate with the players, seeing and hearing the replay officials on play reviews, etc...

The NFL stole some ideas from the original XFL for broadcasts and I could definitely see it happening again.

Murray looks like straight trash. 

I wonder how this league will handle co petite balance. Since they are all owned by McMahon there isn't much benefit for mismatched teams. At what point would they force trade a backup QB like Connor Cook over to a team that needs a QB?

Also, looking longer term, how does toster building work from one season to the next? Do players reach FA or are they locked into certain teams? Or say Greg Hardy/Patrick Willis decides he wants to play, does he sign with a team or does he sign with the league and get assigned to a team?

Lastly, would it make sense to make these teams similar to say a fantasy keeper league? In the sense that you can designate your starters at each position that remain on your team until you release them(starter status could also be decided by snaps played with exceptions for injury), but all none starters get put back into a a draft for the next season. This could help them keep the league fairly balanced and prevent potential stars from getting roster blocked.

Edited by drew39k
  • Like 1

No harm in spreading the word about an interesting product. As soon as I checked it out I started to see the potential in the rule changes, the more serious approach, and the time they've taken to develop the product. So far I think they've delivered on that potential.

2 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Murray looks like straight trash. 

I wonder how this league will handle co petite balance. Since they are all owned by McMahon there isn't much benefit for mismatched teams. At what point would they force trade a backup QB like Connor Cook over to a team that needs a QB?

Also, looking longer term, how does toster building work from one season to the next? Do players reach FA or are they locked into certain teams? Or say Greg Hardy/Patrick Willis decides he wants to play, does he sign with a team or does he sign with the league and get assigned to a team?

Lastly, would it make sense to make these teams similar to say a fantasy keeper league? In the sense that you can designate your starters at each position that remain on your team until you release them(starter status could also be decided by snaps played with exceptions for injury), but all none starters get put back into a a draft for the next season. This could help them keep the league fairly balanced and prevent potential stars from getting roster blocked.

Here's the honest to god truth -

Murray was trash in the AAF too and players are not locked to certain teams, they all reach FA next year.

Just got here, I had work, god damn Murray is playing badly, the only reason he was seen as good in the AAF cause he was relieving Matt Simms, who was throwing like 3 INTS a game and ironically enough, Matt Simms is the only AAF QB left on an NFL team aside from Garrett Gilbert... hm.... wonder why.

Either way, Vipers need to go for their backup QB right now Murray has ruined it, he's v streaky iirc from the AAF and he is bad in the end zone. (funnily enough he was the opposite in college)

• Like 1

Murray's made some good throws but at other times he's been very skittish in the pocket, running out to the right even when he's getting protection. Hasn't been able to get into any sort of rhythm. Mixing things up with Quinton Flowers helped them out on the last drive, but the Guardians defense has played outstanding in the red zone.

Our offense needs to be able to stay on the field though. We're giving them too many chances.