The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Maybe it's just me - but I actually kind of LIKE not being as invested right now. Less stress, more fun.

That's one of the perks for me. It's fun to have on but I don't have to plan weekends around it like I do during the NFL season. I know my wife will appreciate that! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Fun for you maybe as a Houston fan

...this is the first time in recorded history this phrase has ever been said, written or even thought aboutNobody in this realm of existence ever felt "Geez, it must be fun to be a Houston fan..."

For this... I thank you, XFL.

• Like 3

Seth Payne had these two tidbits:

- XFL OL are old school NFL "fat" OL. In the NFL, you have a few "fat" guys, but most of these NFL OL are big, muscular type guys who probably maintain 10-15% bodyfat. Guys who are just yolked up, cornfed muscular dudes who are athletic. The XFL guys have guts over their belts, and move as such. If you watched any football movies from the 90s/00s, you'll see these stereotype OL with the massive guts hanging over their belts. These are XFL OL, they're all big boys and they play like it.

- St. Louis S Kenny Robinson had eligibility left in college, but chose to sign with the XFL vs transferring to another school. He's actually eligible for the 2020 NFL draft. Could this be a trend? A mid level player from a mid tier school (West Virginia) consider jumping to the XFL vs transferring? It's a huge boon for the league if this becomes a viable pipeline. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

I didn't watch a lot, but I do have a couple surface level opinions.

2. Constantly bugging the players who are out of breath for trivial questions every 5 minutes is kinda annoying: "SO WHAT WERE YOU DOING OUT THERE" ..."WELL *breath* YOU KNOW *breath* WE UHH, UHH *breath* WE DID A THING WITH THE BALL AND UHHHH *breath* MADE THE PLAY" ....*blank stares and silence followed by awkward dismissal and walk away*

Sound like Stevie in Malcom in the Middle

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Seth Payne had these two tidbits:

- XFL OL are old school NFL "fat" OL. In the league, you have a few "fat" guys, but most of these NFL OL are big, muscular type guys who probably maintain 10-15% bodyfat. The XFL guys have guts over their belts, and move as such. These are big boys, and they play like it.

- St. Louis S Kenny Robinson had eligibility left in college, but chose to sign with the XFL vs transferring to another school. He's actually eligible for the 2020 NFL draft. Could this be a trend? A mid level player from a mid tier school (West Virginia) consider jumping to the XFL vs transferring? It's a huge boon for the league if this becomes a viable pipeline. 

And what is your opinion on that?

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

Maybe it's just me - but I actually kind of LIKE not being as invested right now. Less stress, more fun.

For me, I'm not gonna get invested for a while, when the Texans are blowing out I'm thinking "oh yes FINALLY", when the Roughnecks blow out, I'm thinking "damn the other team is horrible, thats not a good look for the league"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

And what is your opinion on that?

Eh - I don't have an opinion on it, really. I sort of agree with the observation, you're not seeing athletic specimens out there like Quentin Nelson or Larmey Tunsil. These dudes were big and slow slugs, got gassed quickly, couldn't trap and pull like elite guys. It wasn't horrible, just not NFL calibur. 

Earlier, I had noticed that the interior run blocking was less than stellar, guys on the OL weren't able to get up to a 2nd level and sustain holes beyond 2-3 seconds. That's probably something that's a product of this OL quality. 

I think a big reason I support this league continuing is that we won't see the end of big popular college QB's who don't have the """intangibles""" end at a NFL practice squad, getting waived and then go and sell insurance until he dies. He will actually be able to continue his football career and get chances to play. 

• Like 1