The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I mean, its hard for me to show sympathy for the people who use this as a reason to not watch. Of course its not NFL caliber. Why on god's green earth would anyone go in with that expectation?

Exactly. I didn't go to my school hockey games expecting to see the next Wayne Gretzky. I went because I enjoyed hockey, plus I was friends with a lot of the players and wanted to support them. Whether any of those guys was good enough to earn a scholarship and go pro was beside the point. I did it to be a part of something new, constructive, and fun, and I'm following this league for the same reason.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Exactly. I didn't go to my school hockey games expecting to see the next Wayne Gretzky. I went because I enjoyed hockey, plus I was friends with a lot of the players and wanted to support them. Whether any of those guys was good enough to earn a scholarship and go pro was beside the point. I did it to be a part of something new, constructive, and fun, and I'm following this league for the same reason.

Wait, people are actually watching this?

Idiots just can't stop when they think they have a good talking point even if it is poorly researched and just plain wrong. (Florio and Damon Amendolara for example)

This week its comparing the AAF and the XFL because the AAF had decent week 1 ratings.

Starting in week 2 the AAF games went to like Tru TV or some other garbage network no one has and nobody watched.

I literally watched the AAF in week 1 and did not care that it existed the next day when I found out the games would be hidden.

The XFL will still be on ABC, ESPN, and FOX.

There is no comparison.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Yep. Millions in fact.

I think at least 3.3 million people watched Seattle vs. D.C., peaking at 4 million towards the end of the game. If it's recognizable as pro football and is on network TV, many football fans will watch it. They don't have to be as good as the NFL, because the NFL isn't on between February and April. They just have to be good enough to fill that void.

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

okay okay.

Vipers need to make the QB1 change, and they should stomp the dragons this week.

houston will take care of business, and it will be a tie for 2nd place

The Vipers were, no pun intended, snakebitten with Murray at QB last week. Whether or not that was the reality (he did move the offense downfield and made some legitimately good throws in the game), it will be the perception. Which puts Tampa Bay in a tough spot, because unless I'm mistaken Murray was presumed to be the starter from day one, and they made some effort to build the offense around him. If they start Flowers, which I have to believe they will, they'll need to adjust the offense as well. That doesn't happen overnight.

While I still expect the Vipers' offense to struggle for that reason, I do think their defense is good. McGloin caught them napping a few times in the first half, but after that they adjusted very well. Without Jamar Summers' pick-six we wouldn't have scored any second-half points. If Tampa Bay makes the Seattle game a defensive struggle, I see them winning that nine times out of ten.

Edited by y*so*blu