The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

Just now, Drained said:

I see your point. I'm just worried this league will go and bite off more than it can chew early, which doomed the UFL and the AAF.

This isn't something you do immediately - you slow play this, establish a foothold before taking another step, I can agree with that.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ET80 said:

Offer him (and other highly rated players from the HS ranks - maybe the top 30 guys in the nation) a fully guaranteed 3 year, $1.5mm contract.

Man if this were ever a real thing and I were a high schooler in this position I take the money and run. What’s the guarantee I even do make it to the combine without my collegiate career coming to an end from an injury first? That’s life changing money. Take the 1.5m, go pick up a trade (or go to college since I can afford it with ease now) or if I still want to do the football thing enter the NFL draft if it means more money than staying in the XFL.

Edited by dtait93
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Who's winning in Week 2?

Guardians or Defenders?

Dragons or Vipers?

Renegades or Wildcats?

BattleHawks or Roughnecks?

Guardians

Vipers

Wildcats

Battlehawks

Almost all 50/50 though. New York vs DC should be good. Both are probably Top 3 teams with two solid defenses. 

• Like 1

Landry Jones has recovered from a minor knee injury sustained in training camp, and will be starting in Week 2 for Dallas. Josh Johnson is also working toward starting for LA, but no confirmation on that yet.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

XFL and 2K are in talks for a game that would release in Jan 2022 For PS5/New Xbox if they can survive into a 3rd season. Man... if they add a feature to expand expansion teams to 30, I wouldn’t have any need for Madden for 6-7 years. 

Damn, that's like a dream come true. A lot of XFL fans were clamoring for a game with 2K before the season even started. :D

7 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Who's winning in Week 2?

Guardians or Defenders?

Dragons or Vipers?

Renegades or Wildcats?

BattleHawks or Roughnecks?

NY/DC is almost too close to call because I don't know enough about either team yet. But I'll be supporting the Guardians with all I've got.

I think the Vipers win a defensive struggle, the Wildcats are recovering from their early roster shakeup, and the Roughnecks continue to build a strong reputation as protectors of the south.

Edited by y*so*blu

All the teams held their inaugural training camps in Houston and they must have liked what they saw. The April 26 championship game will be played in TDECU Stadium--the Roughnecks' yard.

Cards are out, courtesy of Topps! A box set will be released in March but if you want a single of Cardale, Ta'amu, PJMVP, or the first man ever to score an XFL touchdown (Austin Proehl of Seattle), they'll be available for the next three days.

The XFL Shop has been doing good business. All authentic game balls are sold out. So are most of the team hats. Glad I got mine!

G-hat.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

All the teams held their inaugural training camps in Houston and they must have liked what they saw. The April 26 championship game will be played in TDECU Stadium--the Roughnecks' yard.

Cards are out, courtesy of Topps! A box set will be released in March but if you want a single of Cardale, Ta'amu, PJMVP, or the first man ever to score an XFL touchdown (Austin Proehl of Seattle), they'll be available for the next three days.

The XFL Shop has been doing good business. All authentic game balls are sold out. So are most of the team hats. Glad I got mine!

G-hat.jpg

I think the CFL does the same thing, host your championship game in the stadium with the most attendance. TDECU has an attendance capacity of 40k, I see 30k getting there.

4 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

G-hat.jpg

Waiting for them to come out with better Roughnecks gear, not liking the current ones (esp the hats, I work in a pretty cold climate so I love those winter hats) I think I'm spoilt with the 4000 pages of merch on nflshop lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drained said:

Waiting for them to come out with better Roughnecks gear, not liking the current ones (esp the hats, I work in a pretty cold climate so I love those winter hats) I think I'm spoilt with the 4000 pages of merch on nflshop lol

XFL-MVPSE03WBV-BK-HR-F_2000x.jpg?v=15742

I like this one. I have a Texans and Astros hat that are similar to this - it's simple but I like it.