The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

On 1/11/2020 at 8:08 AM, TheBeast23 said:

I put the XFL in the same league as Lingerie football league. I don’t think I’ll waste the time watching. I wish however the Alliance league or whatever it was made it because it wasn’t bad

I don’t understand this at all. The AAF was terrible. How is the AAF better than the XFL in any way? You are actually like the XFL is going to have gimmicks when it will not. Only thing is kickoffs and OT being different which are two rules for the better. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t understand this at all. The AAF was terrible. How is the AAF better than the XFL in any way? You are actually like the XFL is going to have gimmicks when it will not. Only thing is kickoffs and OT being different which are two rules for the better. 

How exactly is the XFL and the AAF different? If you thought the AAF was awful as a start up league then surely the XFL with Aaron Murray and Connor Cook leading the charge In the advertisement as a start up league will be the same in the first year and surely will probably follow suit as the AAF in the end. Whatever Vince touches he will burn to the ground 

26 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

How exactly is the XFL and the AAF different? If you thought the AAF was awful as a start up league then surely the XFL with Aaron Murray and Connor Cook leading the charge In the advertisement as a start up league will be the same in the first year and surely will probably follow suit as the AAF in the end. Whatever Vince touches he will burn to the ground 

You yourself said you enjoyed AAF and said the XFL will suck. Then went on and said AAF and XFL are basically the same thing. You massively contradicted yourself. 

And AAF went into their league completely unprepared trying to beat XFL to the market which completely backfired. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You yourself said you enjoyed AAF and said the XFL will suck. Then went on and said AAF and XFL are basically the same thing. You massively contradicted yourself. 

And AAF went into their league completely unprepared trying to beat XFL to the market which completely backfired. 

No actually I was just simply quoting you by stating you said the AAF sucked and then go ahead and back the XFL which will be the exact same thing in a start up year. You yourself are contracting yourself. I stand by my statement of liking the AAF and the trying to be an actual league and a addition to the nfl. The XFL in the past was a giant gimmick of roid rage and stupidity in the rules and knowing Vince it will be similar to that once ratings don’t reach an acceptable range. I had faith in Polian not Vince McMahon which other than the WWE has failed at everything he’s put his hands on. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

What made the AAF bad?

Only reason I ever watched any alternative to the NFL is to see "player" that's played for "NFL team" but after a few plays I lose interest and switch channels.

I just don't see how any league will ever amount to much with all the history and rivalries in the NFL. Only thing I'd be semi interested in is if there was a league associated with the NFL as a farm team and each team had one but that won't work either because College/Draft will undercut it and, you know, nothing is stopping College/Draft hype anytime soon.

That's a no for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Things to like about the XFL so far:

1. I haven't seen Vince since the official announcement
2. St. Louis has a team again
3. A former Oiler created a team that resembles the Oilers
4. Their President/COO is a human bobblehead doll
5. Nobody hired Jeff Fisher
6. The New York Guardians' logo

XFL-guardians.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Things to like about the XFL so far:

1. I haven't seen Vince since the official announcement
2. St. Louis has a team again
3. A former Oiler created a team that resembles the Oilers
4. Their President/COO is a human bobblehead doll
5. Nobody hired Jeff Fisher
6. The New York Guardians' logo

XFL-guardians.png

Agreed.

Luis Perez was traded to the Guardians last week. He'll challenge Matt McGloin for a starting spot at some point, but for now he's a developmental backup, a prototypical pocket passer with plus athleticism and incredible college production against inferior competition. He learned to play QB from YouTube, believe it or not. Didn't play before junior college. Made it to the NFL and almost got the backup job for the Rams, was good in training camp and pre-season, but McVay ultimately went with the experienced backup to Goff, and the Rams don't carry three QBs. Anyways, Perez is really raw, but he checks pretty much every box as a prospect. I expect him to beat out McGloin at some point.

• Like 1

Per XFL News Hub:

"There will be a centralized reserve roster for the league, stationed in Dallas, called Team Nine. The concept was something, current XFL CEO Oliver Luck, had in place with NFL Europe, when he was league president. Team-Nine figures to be a collection of XFL players, representing roster positions equally. It will be a player pool of roughly 40-45 players.

Team-Nine will be a pool of contracted league players, staying at the ready during the season, while being trained and working out with coaches. XFL teams will be able to pick up players from Team-Nine when the situation calls for it. Either through player injury or otherwise."

3 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Per XFL News Hub:

"There will be a centralized reserve roster for the league, stationed in Dallas, called Team Nine. The concept was something, current XFL CEO Oliver Luck, had in place with NFL Europe, when he was league president. Team-Nine figures to be a collection of XFL players, representing roster positions equally. It will be a player pool of roughly 40-45 players.

Team-Nine will be a pool of contracted league players, staying at the ready during the season, while being trained and working out with coaches. XFL teams will be able to pick up players from Team-Nine when the situation calls for it. Either through player injury or otherwise."

1) Where can I get a Team Nine jersey?

2) Are the Detroit Lions pissed that Team Nine is basically stealing their idea?

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1