The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

7 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

A very bad day in D.C. Well, some weeks you're the windshield and some weeks you're the fly. Congrats to the Defenders, who look like a really good team on both sides of the the ball.

Honestly, I was surprised a shut out didn't happen in week one, when you have teams like this, no tape, no idea how they work together, every team is basically going into the unknown, you're gonna get some unpredictable results.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tab said:

The back up QB in now for NY was the starter over Mitch trubisky at NC?????

Yes. The coaches at UNC absolutely loved him. Actually, I remember in a Pre-Draft interview a scout said that Trubiscuit was the most-talented QB on the roster early in his career, but Marquise Williams was a huge locker room presence as a leader and was fairly successful so Mr. Biscuit had to wait a while for his shot. Williams brings good mobility to the table, but isn't much of a touch passer and is scatter-shot beyond 15 yards. He does have a "hero" personality though.

• Like 3

Ordered a Nelson Spruce XFL trading card through Topps. Cuz he's Nelson Spruce. And maybe it'll be worth $20 one day. Though I won't sell it.

I also got Throwin' Samoan, 12-Gauge, and PJMVP cards. I figure one of those guys should carry a fair bit of value at some point. 

Realistically, if we're talking upside and Ta'Amu, Jones, and Walker continue to impress like this; they have to get an NFL shot, right? I mean a shot to PLAY. Ta'Amu is 22, Walker is 23 or 24. Both have plenty of upside as far as arm talent, age, composure, and mobility goes. 12-Gauge also has plenty of upside.

9 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Well that sucked for McGloin. Got some D-R-A-M-A. And people were worried that the XFL would be boring...

Let's be honest the DC - NYG game wasnt that climatic but then we have TB v SEA next... the teams with possibility the worst QB situation next and the game is already pretty lackluster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Realistically, if we're talking upside and Ta'Amu, Jones, and Walker continue to impress like this; they have to get an NFL shot, right? I mean a shot to PLAY. Ta'Amu is 22, Walker is 23 or 24. Both have plenty of upside as far as arm talent, age, composure, and mobility goes. 12-Gauge also has plenty of upside.

I agree. Lots of time for those guys to earn themselves another chance.

This game is even more of a defensive struggle than I thought it would be. 

• Like 1