The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

2 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Realistically, if we're talking upside and Ta'Amu, Jones, and Walker continue to impress like this; they have to get an NFL shot, right? I mean a shot to PLAY. Ta'Amu is 22, Walker is 23 or 24. Both have plenty of upside as far as arm talent, age, composure, and mobility goes. 12-Gauge also has plenty of upside.

Ta'amu's issue was that he was like a diet-Lamar Jackson, he could run, he was fast and elusive but he wasn't impressive at throwing like... at all. We saw that last week too sadly but LJ improved so much this year maybe Ta'amu just needs a competent coaching staff to help him.

Walker I think I could see getting a chance like how Garrett Gilbert did after the AAF but that's only if he keeps up this level of play, if he somehow surprises (I'm talking 25 TDs+ which would be CRAZY in a 10 game season) we could see him taken up from a team that's struggling a QB situation soon e.g. Lions this year or Steelers but I don't know if we can see this turn into another Kurt Warner situation at all, the QB position is definitely hardest to break into.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Drained said:

Ta'amu's issue was that he was like a diet-Lamar Jackson, he could run, he was fast and elusive but he wasn't impressive at throwing like... at all. We saw that last week too sadly but LJ improved so much this year maybe Ta'amu just needs a competent coaching staff to help him.

Walker I think I could see getting a chance like how Garrett Gilbert did after the AAF but that's only if he keeps up this level of play, if he somehow surprises (I'm talking 25 TDs+ which would be CRAZY in a 10 game season) we could see him taken up from a team that's struggling a QB situation soon e.g. Lions this year or Steelers but I don't know if we can see this turn into another Kurt Warner situation at all, the QB position is definitely hardest to break into.

See, and I was more impressed with Ta'Amu as a passer than runner from the handful of games I watched. I saw him up close against Auburn in 2018 and I came away truly impressed (the same can be said of Joe Burrow that season, though). Of course, he had an outstanding group of skill position talent in AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, DeMarkus Lodge, and Dawson Knox. Overall, though, I really liked what I saw out of him, and if you look in last year's threads, there were a number of us that thought he would be a day two draft pick, and I think everyone else thought he'd be taken early on day three.

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Have a dual-threat QB that you leave on the sideline when you're at the two yard line makes no sense

I've struggled to make sense of TB's offensive strategy at times. Not sure why they didn't just take the points. Now they're stuck on their own 1.