The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

6 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Good home opener for Seattle, but the Vipers could have won that game. The QB-by-committee thing isn't working out. They need to choose one guy and stick with him, preferably Flowers.

It’s become clear. Trestman must be fired.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Yep. So far the XFL has shown me how good even terrible NFL QBs are. 

Just wait until you see MVPJ Walker...

If football is a QB driven sport, Walker is going to take the Roughnecks to the Championship game. It's a coin toss between him and Cardale for the best in this league.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If football is a QB driven sport, Walker is going to take the Roughnecks to the Championship game. It's a coin toss between him and Cardale for the best in this league.

Not even including Ta'Amu?

And let's not forget, the two most highly-touted QBs in the league have yet to play, though they're expected to start and face off against each other tomorrow (Josh Johnson and Landry Jones). Like I said heading in, there would be three or so teams that struggle at the QB position, and it appears that I was right with the Guardians, Vipers, and Dragons struggling (though Brandon Silvers is much better than I initially expected). 

13 hours ago, HoboRocket said:
14 hours ago, ET80 said:

Not even including Ta'Amu?

And let's not forget, the two most highly-touted QBs in the league have yet to play, though they're expected to start and face off against each other tomorrow (Josh Johnson and Landry Jones). Like I said heading in, there would be three or so teams that struggle at the QB position, and it appears that I was right with the Guardians, Vipers, and Dragons struggling (though Brandon Silvers is much better than I initially expected). 

If the league carries the success, they will land prolly some better back up NFL QBs, the ones looking to prove themselves even more.

I really want to see a stud college guy go to the XFL before they go to the NFL

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I really want to see a stud college guy go to the XFL before they go to the NFL

I highly doubt that will happen - simply because the money. If the XFL tries to pay players NFL money, they'll be out of business in a few weeks. That's exactly what killed the USFL - paying guys like Marcus Dupree, Reggie White, Steve Young and Jim Kelly as much as they did. Actually having to cut those million dollar checks every week is a burden on any organization that's not making $10B a year - and there aren't many organizations making that sort of money.

Now, a stud HS guy? That's possible. Go out and bring in the Elite 11 QBs, you know they'll make more money in the XFL than they will at Clemson or Alabama...

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I highly doubt that will happen - simply because the money. If the XFL tries to pay players NFL money, they'll be out of business in a few weeks. That's exactly what killed the USFL - paying guys like Marcus Dupree, Reggie White, Steve Young and Jim Kelly as much as they did. Actually having to cut those million dollar checks every week is a burden on any organization that's not making $10B a year - and there aren't many organizations making that sort of money.

Now, a stud HS guy? That's possible. Go out and bring in the Elite 11 QBs, you know they'll make more money in the XFL than they will at Clemson or Alabama...

I agree they should be snagging those young guys, but they might make more at Bama, OSU, and Clemson. Short term, the money is maybe better, but when you start considering the publicity and name recognition that comes with those big schools they might lose out in the long run. 

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

They have already stated, QBs are the only players in the league that can make the big money. The cap for QBs is different compared to the other positions. So right now they dont have to worry about the White's Dupree's type contract. Which is smart cause they know the QB play will make or break their league

Also its different now to compared to the USFL. The USFL was going up straight against the NFL. XFL isnt trying to do that. Also, USFL wasnt really able to land TV deals because of the time period. The XFL can get a potential decent TV deal if it works out. I have hope cause they have a solid foundation of sponsors so far.

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

They have already stated, QBs are the only players in the league that can make the big money. The cap for QBs is different compared to the other positions. So right now they dont have to worry about the White's Dupree's type contract. Which is smart cause they know the QB play will make or break their league

The max an XFL QB can make is $495,000 a season... or roughly 2% of what Kyler Murray made on his signing bonus alone:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/xfl-salary-structure/1amgsczt2ngnc1cekk66jektlr

According to Yahoo Sports' sources, the top quarterbacks will earn $495,000. Those salaries are likely held for bigger name quarterbacks such as Landry Jones, Cardale Jones and Josh Johnson (potentially among others). 

Elite QBs would be taking a significant pay cut even with the cap structured the way it is.

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Let me say, I'm not opposed to the idea, but I catch a lot of HS FB, it's on the tv at work when I'm on my lunch breaks on friday and even the best HS QB's are not that good tbh... There's a reason they all sit for a year when they hit college.

Edited by Drained

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The max an XFL QB can make is $495,000 a season... or roughly 2% of what Kyler Murray made on his signing bonus alone:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/xfl-salary-structure/1amgsczt2ngnc1cekk66jektlr

According to Yahoo Sports' sources, the top quarterbacks will earn $495,000. Those salaries are likely held for bigger name quarterbacks such as Landry Jones, Cardale Jones and Josh Johnson (potentially among others). 

Every QB who was allocated is earning the 495k. Next season I believe those tags will get removed and team VP presidents and the GM/HC will get the choice on who to assign that tier one contract (the 495k) on. I don't know if that can be put on non-QB's but considering the fact Aaron Murray, Luis Perez and Brandon Silvers are being drastically overpaid, I'm curious on what they'll do.