The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

11 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

its like being a fan of the Washington Generals

It's two weeks in, and you're from Wisconsin. So you're not tied to Tampa Bay.

May I suggest the Roughnecks? Plenty of room on the wagon for MVPJ Walker...

At the risk of sounding homerish - those two plays were Watson-esque. Elusiveness and awareness to find the open man, an ability to throw into tight windows - just like Watson.

It's going to suck when MVPJ Walker is in the NFL next season, I doubt Connor Cook could do any of this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Vipers need a coaching change I think. It'd be different if they were playing exciting football, but they just aren't.

Marc Trestman is supposed to be an offensive guru and Tampa Bay is the only team in the XFL that has yet to score an offensive TD.

Tampa Bay was down 5 in the 4th quarter and elected kicked a field goal at Seattle's 1 yard line.

Tampa Bay could compete for the title but has ineptitude coaching right now.

Edited by Nozizaki
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, tom cody said:

The in game player interviews are a nice touch but I'm willing to bet some of the players will be told to tone things down a bit. Doesn't look good for anyone for someone to be thrashing your coaches game plan in-game on TV. 

I think this is their intent - outside of FCC regulations with language (no F bombs) they want this sort of on field drama, drama that the NFL goes out of its way to keep behind closed doors.

Competetion in general is a very emotional endeavor. All we see are the sterilized versions of it, the celebration and the chest bumping. The OTHER side - the finger pointing, the criticism - is largely ignored or coached out of guys at this point. 

Let's see the full spectrum.

• Like 2