The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Vince McMahon better have a plan if the CBA isn't ratified and we're looking at a strike or lockout...

IMO I still think his best bet is to poach enough young NCAA talent (Freshmen through Sophomores) to 1-2 year contracts, failed draft picks and other veterans who played in the league, and parlay that into a partnership under the NFL umbrella with TV deals, revenue sharing, sponsorship, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO I still think his best bet is to poach enough young NCAA talent (Freshmen through Sophomores) to 1-2 year contracts, failed draft picks and other veterans who played in the league, and parlay that into a partnership under the NFL umbrella with TV deals, revenue sharing, sponsorship, etc.

I was with you until you said partnering with the NFL umbrella. They already have TV deals with the major networks and arent in direct competition for viewers. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I was with you until you said partnering with the NFL umbrella. They already have TV deals with the major networks and arent in direct competition for viewers. 

I REALLY hope that I'm wrong, but I don't see long term sustainability for the XFL if they don't partner with the NFL. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Except history has shown us that partnering with the NFL has been a death knell 

One could say the same about going against the NFL. 

IMO the reality is that this is going to fold sooner rather than later because the developmental minor league affiliate for the NFL is every Saturday in the fall.

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

One could say the same about going against the NFL. 

IMO the reality is that this is going to fold sooner rather than later because the developmental minor league affiliate for the NFL is every Saturday in the fall.

Which in no ways competes with a spring league... they arent going against the NFL at all. Im very confused as to why you think it needs to tether itself to the whims of the NFL. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

IMO I still think his best bet is to poach enough young NCAA talent (Freshmen through Sophomores) to 1-2 year contracts...

I've already shared my thoughts on how the line should start with five star HS Seniors.... So I'm with you.

My thoughts are more around getting games on TV if there's missed NFL games. Do something outlandish in this period too, like a double elimination tournament or a schoolyard draft every week. 

46 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Which in no ways competes with a spring league... they arent going against the NFL at all. Im very confused as to why you think it needs to tether itself to the whims of the NFL. 

Look at the over/under points scored, look at how bad the QB and OL play is, and tell me how you think this is sustainable long term. Throw in the ratings drop off from Week 1 to Week 2, and I just don’t see it personally.

20 hours ago, Jrvegeeta said:

Bingo. Marc Trestman is starting the wrong QB. Flowers isn't as good as Jones, Walker, Ta'amu, or even Silvers, but he's still good enough to get them at least 4 wins this year. If they stick with Murray, they won't win a single game. McGloin might actually be worse, but the Guardians have a much better defense than the Vipers do to make up for that.

Here's the honest to god truth, there's enough decent backups in the XFL that would be better than what we've seen from the Tampa Bay QB's, Philip Nelson, Connor Cook, Taylor Heinicke and, I swear I'm the only fan of this guy, Luis Perez, a XFL backup making 475K a year.... THE BEST CONTRACT IN THE XFL. Why not trade for these guys if theyre not even gonna get played at their own teams? Perez is literally a third-stringer Marquise Williams was brought out instead of him last week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

I've already shared my thoughts on how the line should start with five star HS Seniors.... So I'm with you.

My thoughts are more around getting games on TV if there's missed NFL games. Do something outlandish in this period too, like a double elimination tournament or a schoolyard draft every week. 

Like a kind of exhibition tournament like

"Hey guys the XFL season was over in April but this is what our league has got! Come check us out in February!"

Is that what you mean?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Drained said:

Like a kind of exhibition tournament like

"Hey guys the XFL season was over in April but this is what our league has got! Come check us out in February!"

Is that what you mean?

Exactly - throw out some new rules or features and let em go at it while the NFL works this out.

I'm going to a relative's birthday party this afternoon, so I'll catch up with you guys later--as well as the games.

Tampa Bay Vipers (0-2) vs Houston Roughnecks (2-0), 2 PM EST, ABC

Seattle Dragons (1-1) vs Dallas Renegades (1-1), 5 PM EST, FOX

It's hard to imagine Tampa coming out with a win here, even on their home field. Their defense has showed some fight but their QB situation isn't great, and one of their top offensive playmakers (TE Nick Truesdell) is out. Dallas at Seattle is a toss-up because I'm not sure what to think of either team yet.

Here's our pregame show. We see the top five plays of Week 2, an Austin Proehl feature at 5 minutes in, and betting advice at 7.

Let's go! :D

Edited by y*so*blu