The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

I've really been into this XFL season so far!  Watched at least a little bit of every single game and most of several.  PJ Walker is really impressive thus far as well as his number 1 WR Cam Phillips.  Cardale Jones looks very professional out there for the Defenders and the kid from St Louis (Ta'Amu or however its spelled) is also very talented, if a bit raw.  Been pretty impressed by Spruce in LA and Ricky Proehl's kid in Seattle as well.  

Another refreshing thing about the XFL so far for me has been the toughness of the game.  We still aren't into 80s-90s NFL style hitting or anything like that, but you can tell these kids are going hard on every play and are not being flagged to death for actually sticking guys!  Vince McMahon has said that the league is fully funded through two seasons so we can definitely count on this league being around at least until 2021 but if what I've been seeing over 3 weeks of games continues (or improves even) I think they really have a great shot at sticking around as a nice developmental football league!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, megatechpc said:

I've really been into this XFL season so far!  Watched at least a little bit of every single game and most of several.  PJ Walker is really impressive thus far as well as his number 1 WR Cam Phillips.  Cardale Jones looks very professional out there for the Defenders and the kid from St Louis (Ta'Amu or however its spelled) is also very talented, if a bit raw.  Been pretty impressed by Spruce in LA and Ricky Proehl's kid in Seattle as well.  

Another refreshing thing about the XFL so far for me has been the toughness of the game.  We still aren't into 80s-90s NFL style hitting or anything like that, but you can tell these kids are going hard on every play and are not being flagged to death for actually sticking guys!  Vince McMahon has said that the league is fully funded through two seasons so we can definitely count on this league being around at least until 2021 but if what I've been seeing over 3 weeks of games continues (or improves even) I think they really have a great shot at sticking around as a nice developmental football league!

I really wish they'd release roughly how much attendance they have to average per week to break even or make a profit but there is so much more to lose then gain from doing that. Information the public will probably never know until/if the league folds.

Get some big time NFL stars on making appearances or the stars of the XFL making appearances and that'll help a lot. Might sound harsh but I think it'd be better if someone like PJ Walker stays in the XFL. He is a star and actually get's to play. There is a very, very, very small chance he will ever be a starter in the NFL.

Edited by ILoveTheVikings
  • Like 1

New York Guardians (1-1) at St. Louis Battlehawks (1-1), 3 PM EST, ESPN

D.C. Defenders (2-0) at L.A. Wildcats (0-2), 6 PM EST, FS1

Following last week's offensive meltdown against DC, the Guardians have the unenviable task of playing St. Louis in their home opener with 28,000 fans booing every snap. Whatever went wrong last week, I hope Coach Gilbride has fixed it or we don't stand a chance here.

Listed as probable are starting C Ian Silberman, RB Darius Victor, and safety Andrew Soroh. We'll be needing all of them. We might not win, but I'll be happy if we get some points on the board and reassert ourselves as a team. (That's spelled T-E-A-M, without an I, just in case Matt McGloin needs help.) Go Guardians!

Meanwhile the Wildcats will be attempting to save their season by holding off the high-flying Defenders.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

You seem to have an irrational hate for the XFL.

He's never posted anything constructive, but that's what the Ignore feature is for.

It's football time! As soon as ESPN stops re-re-replaying footage of a 50-year-old Big Ben throwing in a gym somewhere.

There we go! The game is on, and here comes the St. Louis offense. The crowd's already going nuts.

• Like 2