The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

On 2/2/2020 at 8:22 PM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

lol XFL really ran a Super Bowl commercial with a doctor saying football is good for the brain

I'm hoping the XFL succeeds, but oof.

They were referring to fans, not players. The real problem with the commercial is that it's kind of boring, and many viewers don't even know what it's about until the last few seconds when they show the XFL logo.

It's better than having no Super Bowl ad at all, but I like this one a lot better.

It gives people something to get excited about. The other one just makes them go, "huh? Oh, yeah. That."

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 4:11 AM, tab said:

yeah i'll watch, i need football that isnt Texans football

yeah lol lets hope this team doesnt let us down

being from SA, the commanders were my AAF team and they were easily top 2 in that league, felt so weird to have a winning team and being optimistic for every game, i need something good

• Like 2

Good idea ET.

Sorry to hear about Callaway's injury. Less sympathetic about his drug use. If he's a stoner that won't be an issue in the XFL, since Oliver Luck already said they won't be testing players for marijuana. We'll see if the Vipers hold on to him until the lower leg heals; then maybe he can contribute something to the team after all.

I was surprised to learn that Jerry Glanville is Tampa Bay's DC. He was more or less the Rex Ryan of the 80s and early 90s, in that he talked big but couldn't win the big game. Still, he should be a strong presence on the team.

• Like 2

Starting QBs that I know of so far:

Defenders: Cardale "12-Gauge" Jones

Renegades: Landry Jones (Philip Nelson is the back-up and will start if Jones is unable to suit up due to injury on this weekend)

Guardians: Matt McGloin

Vipers: Aaron Murray

Dragons: Brandon Silvers

Wildcats: Josh Johnson

As for the Roughnecks, it's been very unclear. I'm not aware of an official statement on who will be their starter. PJ Walker and Connor Cook have both been very good throughout camp and have been touted as the starting QB by different sources outside of the team.

11 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

As for the Roughnecks, it's been very unclear. I'm not aware of an official statement on who will be their starter. PJ Walker and Connor Cook have both been very good throughout camp and have been touted as the starting QB by different sources outside of the team.

ET was telling me about that. Cook has the prototypical size and weight, and a little NFL starting experience. Walker is supposed to be the better athlete. Both have done well in training camp. Maybe there's some debate about which guy is a better fit for their scheme; HC June Jones is a former QB known for fielding pass-heavy offenses. Whoever the starter is, he will be throwing a lot to Sammie Coates who could be a lethal weapon in the XFL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Guardians win it all imo. McGloin can win games. The rest of these QBs have proven nothing. All he did at Penn State was win.

That's what I'm hoping for. McGloin and Gilbride look like the best QB/HC combination in the league. But that's easy to say when nobody has played a game yet.