The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

17 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

McMahon is never satisfied with wrestling; he's always tried to punch above his weight with expensive side projects. The restaurant in Times Square, the World Bodybuilding Federation, the first XFL ... they're all long gone. So I'm not expecting much. But yeah, I'll give it a shot out of boredom if nothing else.

WWE studios didn't exactly fail. They just didn't take the lead on film productions after a few sub-par yet I believe still profitable films. What they do now is go into partnership with other studios and have been connected to several good films. A lot of the big failures are from decades ago, the WBF is 30 years old. The biggest thing with the XFL and WWE's interests is WWE stock. It basically tripled as a result of the XFL push and although McMahon still owns like 36% he has sold a lot of shares for pretty damn good profit. So really when you look at it from that perspective the XFL isn't cost him from original assets dating back to 2017. The stock soared and he took the profits to put into the XFL. And the question is how long can the league last losing tons of money. The tv deals alone mean there's at least some subsidization. If we put the 1st year mark at 100 million loss for example, it would appear they can sustain that loss for 3 years before having to maybe call it quits. The original XFL by contrast couldn't afford for that time period losing 70 million annually (mind you that would be about 200 mill today) but it also took a massive nose-dive after like week 3.

The best case scenario is it can turn a profit by it's 3rd season and seemingly that's what McMahon's expectations are. Worst case scenario would be if it loses way more money than expected in its first 2 seasons but it SEEMS like McMahon is approaching this as if the league DID lose the max amount of money in the first 2 seasons.

That's pretty much the problem with most business start-ups, not EXPECTING total losses in the first couple years. People prepare themselves for making 50-70% back on the dollar and freak out when they're only at 20% or expenses are way higher than expected. And again, it SEEMS like McMahon is taking the most heavy loss approach.

3 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

I put the XFL in the same league as Lingerie football league. I don’t think I’ll waste the time watching. I wish however the Alliance league or whatever it was made it because it wasn’t bad

The LFL didn't have serious tv deals though and was very much a novelty (which is why it burned out quickly in Canada). It's not at all in the same ball-park, nor was the AAF really.

Lol no, it's going to be a tire fire of bad gimmicks and fastly diminishing interest and ratings. They'll panic, dump money into production without increasing player compensation, throw ever increasing gimmicks to try and artificially drum up interest, then eventually tap out once they realize that this is total folly to satisfy the boundless ego of a steroid addled insane person who should be in prison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lol no, it's going to be a tire fire of bad gimmicks and fastly diminishing interest and ratings. They'll panic, dump money into production without increasing player compensation, throw ever increasing gimmicks to try and artificially drum up interest, then eventually tap out once they realize that this is total folly to satisfy the boundless ego of a steroid addled insane person who should be in prison.

With how much you hate Vince, you must be a wrestling fan. Yeah wrestling has sucked since like 2002 but Vince is still rolling around in $. The only thing that matters in business is profit. That’s it. And Vince is quite good at that. 

Edited by BayRaider

On 1/9/2020 at 9:48 PM, BayRaider said:

And you learn from your mistakes and correct them the next time out. 99.99999% of everyones first business fails or new business in different niche. 

Vince has failed in every non wrestling venture. Also if anything all the key metrics of his main business have been going down for a decade 

On 2020-01-09 at 11:37 PM, SwoleXmad said:

Not even sure they make it to week 10 after the last league folded. 

Also Vince McMahon so this is doomed from the start.

Now we just need Donnie Boi to bring back the USFL.

is there any hope mcmahon can go bankrupt as a result? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

is there any hope mcmahon can go bankrupt as a result? 

Naaaaah.

McMahon took out his own money for this and some loans, WWE will be fine regardless of this project and as long as WWE is fine McMahon will be as well.