The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

2 hours ago, Clutchy said:

You're up 3.. why would you not go for 1!? If the Roughnecks lose because of it, it's well deserved. That's a straight up blunder as far as I'm concerned.

I forget, did they go for 2 or 3? Going for three makes sense because that way if the other team scores a TD you can not lose by stopping their conversion. 

Being up 3, even if the other team kicks a FG you are tied not losing. So you can afford to be aggressive

I would be going for 3 a lot being up 3 late in the game for this reason 

2 makes no sense 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Insanity. Dallas came within inches of blocking our punt. But we got it off, and Marquise Williams (playing on special teams) hit the returner and forced a fumble which we recovered. Never seen that in my life.

This game got wild real quick 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

I forget, did they go for 2 or 3? Going for three makes sense because that way if the other team scores a TD you can not lose by stopping their conversion. 

Being up 3, even if the other team kicks a FG you are tied not losing. So you can afford to be aggressive

2 makes no sense 

They went for two all right. Weird call by June Jones.

Great win; could have been even better but I'm happy with it. I hope the offensive line gets a little healthier because it looked rough later on.

We're hosting the Roughnecks in Week 6 and will need to play our best football of the season.

The officiating error in the Seattle/Houston game has been recognized on XFL.com. According to them the senior official has been "reassigned," though it doesn't say where.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Clutchy said:

Picks for this weekend

Roughnecks over the Dragons. 30-25

Gaudians beat the Renegades 16-9

Defenders lose to the Battlehawks 27-15

Vipers handle the Wildcats 22-21

Yo, I'm doing pretty good so far!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

I've been out on the Aprilia all day and didn't get to see any of the XFL today for the first time this season.  Looks like I missed a couple of really good games (though I'll check them out on YouTube later).  

You're in for some fun then!

I hadn't even heard this Texas Throwdown story, but apparently Dallas OC Hal Mumme was coaching from the box today because he got a broken leg from Cameron Artis-Payne running into him on the sideline last week. The 67-year-old Mumme coached through the second half with the injury. O.o If that's not enough crazy for you, then here's what's in store tomorrow:

St. Louis Battlehawks (3-1) at D.C. Defenders (2-2), 3 PM EST, FS1

Tampa Bay Vipers (1-3) at Los Angeles Wildcats (1-3), 9 PM EST, ESPN

• Like 2

13 hours ago, N4L said:

2 makes no sense 

I never thought about it that way but this makes a lot of sense. I'd still be inclined to the safe bet of going for 1 to make it up more than a fg but that's totally valid.

Jones went for 2 though but that's interesting strategy to think of nonetheless.

• Like 1