Can stop we stop throwing the Once in a generational Talent around?

mdonnelly21

28 members have voted

1. 1. Better NFL Prospect

• Trevor Lawrence
    • Andrew Luck

5 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

TLaw will be the best qb in the NFL the minute he is drafted... lock that in right now. 

He will also be in Los Angeles. 

Dude isn’t even better than Justin Fields, yet somehow he’s going to walk on a football field and be better than 50 TD Patrick Mahomes and 1200 rushing yards + NFL passing TDs leader Lamar Jackson. Cool story. 😂

It's definitely is overused. How can there me so many in such a short time?

2014 had Clowney as the generational talent 

2017 had Garrett as the generational talent

2019 had Bosa as the generational talent 

2020 is now suppose to have the latest in generational talent in Chase Young. 

This is either golden era of the NFL or  scouts are overusing the word generational

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:
8 hours ago, ET80 said:

Darrelle Revis, Justin Harrell and Patrick Willis were also generational talents from that same class..

Yeah that was a stacked class.

...sounds like something I'd say. 

12 minutes ago, Classic said:

It's definitely is overused. How can there me so many in such a short time?

2014 had Clowney as the generational talent 

2017 had Garrett as the generational talent

2019 had Bosa as the generational talent 

2020 is now suppose to have the latest in generational talent in Chase Young. 

This is either golden era of the NFL or  scouts are overusing the word generational

See, but Nick Bosa was in no way, shape, or form a generational talent. He was a consensus top-four prospect in his class, and the majority had him as the top prospect, but plenty of people on here had Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen as the top prospect. A few hipsters even had Ed Oliver with that designation. Bosa was just a very good prospect. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Dude isn’t even better than Justin Fields, yet somehow he’s going to walk on a football field and be better than 50 TD Patrick Mahomes and 1200 rushing yards + NFL passing TDs leader Lamar Jackson. Cool story. 😂

No question. He is light years the prospects they ever were.  Get real fam. 

11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I love Justin.

Best QB I have ever seen at OSU, but he’s got a ways to go. More of the mental process and reading defenses. He rarely makes mistakes, so that’s a huge plus going into the pros.

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I love Justin.

Best QB I have ever seen at OSU, but he’s got a ways to go. More of the mental process and reading defenses. He rarely makes mistakes, so that’s a huge plus going into the pros.

Really don’t see where Trevor really elevated himself above Fields. To me they’re in the same camp. TLs only legit claim to fame is that he beat Alabama last year as a freshman... and that seems to be enough to give a player hype. But fields was better this season in turnovers and stats. Also on the field, I didn’t see anything from the anecdotal evidence of watching them that made me say Lawrence was BETTER than Fields. Same level of prospects to me.

Whats more I also don’t believe that either prospect stepping on an NFL field INSTANTLY becomes better than Mahomes or Jackson and what they’ve accomplished. How does one quantify that? 65 TDs or top 3 in rushing and 50 TDs while sitting out the 4th quarter of 10 games?

Lawrence hasn’t even won a heisman, if he were as good as the hypetrain he would’ve won the heisman unanimously and he would’ve sat out the 4th quarter in every game he’s played. At this point I’d be willing to bet Lawrence in his rookie season won’t even be a top 10 QB let alone “the best”. And I’m sure he will be coming in after most of these current crop of QBs retire.

• Like 1