• OT Andrew Thomas
    • LB Isaiah Simmons
    • OT Tristan Wirfs
    • WR CeeDee Lamb
    • S Grant Delpit
    • Other [Specify]
    • [[Leave Blank]]

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True but for any professional athlete, it is your job and it can be done.  I have taught myself to use a less dominant hand before hammering, it is hard sure for any OT and difficult but it can be done.  Personally I never looked at a tackle as only a RT or only a LT.  Sure sometimes they have a best fit as a player, but rarely do I think oh that team needs a tackle but they have a RT so only a LT is an option in the draft.  

Take Lane Johnson, who would have thought he would be a RT but he is on a team with Jason Peters so yeah he is a RT.  Or Ryan Ramczyk, most would have thought he would be a LT not a RT in the NFL but again look at who his teammate is and how athletic he is.  Wirfs to me is easily a more talented long term OT than Thomas, and like I originally said most will change their tune after the combine.

It is not like Wirfs has this awful tape either this year, on tape he arguably has out performed Andrew Thomas.  Physically Thomas is a little thin in the lower body honestly but has performed well for a long period of time without getting hurt so that is good.  

Again, I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm saying there's one guy who is a clear elite prospect at that specific position and two guys who are natural RTs that have played there and got to where they are there that you're hoping will have a seamless transition to the other side.

If I'm picking a guy top 5-10, why take the added risk? If you're picking this high you better get it right or next year and into the future you're going to keep picking this high.

If you could use an upgrade at either OT spot than go with your highest graded guy overall. If you need one at a specific OT spot than take the one you think is the best/safest (while having the elite upside of course) at that position unless there's a clear difference in value between the two.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Again, I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm saying there's one guy who is a clear elite prospect at that specific position and two guys who are natural RTs that have played there and got to where they are there that you're hoping will have a seamless transition to the other side.

If I'm picking a guy top 5-10, why take the added risk? If you're picking this high you better get it right or next year and into the future you're going to keep picking this high.

If you could use an upgrade at either OT spot than go with your highest graded guy overall. If you need one at a specific OT spot than take the one you think is the best/safest (while having the elite upside of course) at that position unless there's a clear difference in value between the two.

You honestly think Andrew Thomas reached expectations this year in terms of his play?  You watch the LSU game?  Chaisson beat him cleanly more than once.  And a few times during the year he was lacking in terms of really dominating his opponent which I thought he would have.  

Did you watch the USC game, Wirfs was down field blocking a ton creating big plays and he physically was moving guys around all game.  What did Andrew Thomas do?  Oh yeah sat the bowl game after having a so so game against LSU, not exactly a great end to a career.

Will see what that combine looks like, maybe Andrew Thomas is a better athlete than I think but if anything he is probably worse.  I was disappointed by Andrew Thomas's play this year a little bit, not the clear #1 OT than I thought he was so personally I moved Wirfs ahead of him.  

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You honestly think Andrew Thomas reached expectations this year in terms of his play?  You watch the LSU game?  Chaisson beat him cleanly more than once.  And a few times during the year he was lacking in terms of really dominating his opponent which I thought he would have.  

Did you watch the USC game, Wirfs was down field blocking a ton creating big plays and he physically was moving guys around all game.  What did Andrew Thomas do?  Oh yeah sat the bowl game after having a so so game against LSU, not exactly a great end to a career.

Will see what that combine looks like, maybe Andrew Thomas is a better athlete than I think but if anything he is probably worse.  I was disappointed by Andrew Thomas's play this year a little bit, not the clear #1 OT than I thought he was so personally I moved Wirfs ahead of him.  

I thought Thomas would be more dominant than he ended up being, so no. But I still view him as an elite LT prospect. 

You keep lumping them all together, what I'm saying is depending on where you need to play them is going to depend on where they're drafted. If you're asking me who I think the top LT is it's Thomas. If you're asking me the top RT it's close between Wirfs/Wills but both are top end prospects as well.

If a team has a firm RT and a hole at LT I'm taking Thomas. If a team has a firm LT I'm not touching Thomas and going Wirfs/Wills.

If you don't think that what position they played in college matters whatsoever than go ahead. I disagree and think it needs to be taken into account... especially if you plan on moving them to a different spot that they may not end up being comfortable with. Could they work out? Sure, but I don't think it's a certainty...and when we're talking about a top 5 pick I don't think I'm taking that chance unless your scouts/coaches think it will indeed be a seamless transition.

Edited by .Buzz

Just now, .Buzz said:

I thought Thomas would be more dominant than he ended up being, so no. But I still view him as an elite LT prospect. 

You keep lumping them all together, what I'm saying is depending on where you need to play them is going to depend on where they're drafted. If you're asking me who I think the top LT is it's Thomas. If you're asking me the top RT it's close between Wirfs/Wills but both are top end prospects as well.

If a team has a firm RT and a hole at LT I'm taking Thomas. If a team has a firm LT I'm not touching Thomas and going Wirfs/Wills.

If you don't think that what position they played in college whatsoever than go ahead. I disagree and think it needs to be taken into account... especially if you plan on moving them to a different spot that they may not end up being comfortable with. Could they work out? Sure, but I don't think it's a certainty...and when we're talking about a top 5 pick I don't think I'm taking that chance unless your scouts/coaches think it will indeed be a seamless transition.

Brandon Scherff was a top 5 pick, Zach Martin was the 16th pick overall.  I am not as pigeonholed on position I guess, even Biadasz, if the right team takes him maybe he is a guard.  So what if he has never played that in college, does not mean he cannot play it.  Same with Wirfs as a LT.  Regardless Wirfs is arguably a better pulling tackle out in space, is stronger, has better hands, has a thicker base and has more upside so give me him over Thomas.  

If Alaric Jackson was not his teammate, Wirfs would probably be a LT.  So what, in no way would I say Wirfs is not a better LT than Alaric Jackson who I feel might be moved to OG in the NFL because he has struggled at times in pass pro but will see what Jackson looks like next year, he will still be a 1st or 2nd round pick which he probably would have been this year.  Where Wirfs totally controls the guy across from him usually, but we just disagree, will see how it all plays out.