Rams Hiring KOC at OC

HTTRDynasty

Just now, jrry32 said:

Henderson cost us the first SF game and clearly wasn't ready for the role. If you think putting in a rookie who isn't ready to protect the passer behind a shaky OL is a good plan, well, that's why you're on the couch, my friend. 

Im actually going to be heading to Levi's stadium in a few hours for a playoff game.

The rams are the ones that are on the couch

If Henderson cant pass block, then have him run routes on passing plays. I am talking about running the ball more. Henderson fumbled in week 5, yes, but Goff having 78 passing yards was the reason yall got your *** beat.

Still, that was week 5. Plenty of time to coach the kid up and work him into the system. 

Instead, mcvay got completely pass happy and opened up goff for punishment behind a bad OL. #genius 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Im actually going to be heading to Levi's stadium in a few hours for a playoff game.

The rams are the ones that are on the couch

And you won't be on the field coaching. But it's nice that Shanahan finally got you to the playoffs. Maybe he can make it more than a once-every-three-years sort of thing moving forward. xD

If Henderson cant pass block, then have him run routes on passing plays. I am talking about running the ball more. Henderson fumbled in week 5, yes, but Goff having 78 passing yards was the reason yall got your *** beat.

I'm not trying to be a ****, but this shows a really poor understanding of football. Henderson didn't just fumble. He dropped a pitch that he could have taken to the house, and in doing so, he gave the 49ers the ball deep in Rams territory (leading to a TD). It was very arguably a 14-point swing in a game the Rams lost by 13 points. 

P.S. The Rams had 24 passes to 22 rushes in that game, so any claim that McVay got too pass-heavy looks awfully silly.

Still, that was week 5. Plenty of time to coach the kid up and work him into the system. 

Instead, mcvay got completely pass happy and opened up goff for punishment behind a bad OL. #genius 

Kid wasn't ready for that role. I actually watch the Rams week in and week out. (And Genius McVay still has a far better record than Kyle.)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

16th in DVOA and 17th in weighted DVOA though. We’ll see if it pays off for him. 

Yeah, your takes on Rivera’s hires are nothing if not predictable. He traded one complete unknown at OC for another. I’ll take the coach who learned at Norv’s knee, but to each his own. 

So you could look me straight in the eyes and tell me you wouldn’t want!!!!! Coach Mcvay as your HC? If so my brother that’s some petty NFC East hate between(Dal-Phi). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

So you could look me straight in the eyes and tell me you wouldn’t want!!!!! Coach Mcvay as your HC? If so my brother that’s some petty NFC East hate between(Dal-Phi). 

When Gruden was HC?  Yeah, for sure. Now?  Nah, give me Ron. 

54 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not trying to be a ****, but this shows a really poor understanding of football. Henderson didn't just fumble. He dropped a pitch that he could have taken to the house, and in doing so, he gave the 49ers the ball deep in Rams territory (leading to a TD). It was very arguably a 14-point swing in a game the Rams lost by 13 points. 

P.S. The Rams had 24 passes to 22 rushes in that game, so any claim that McVay got too pass-heavy looks awfully silly.

not trying to be a ****, but you are about to feel really ****ing stupid lol 

it wasn't really a "fumble". It was a toss play and he took his eyes off of it, as you say. He never had possession of it. That's the sort of mistake you make when you don't get a lot of reps in practice. Its a rookie move. That doesn't mean he has a fumbling problem or something, Look at 5:28 of this video.

You guys are on your own 20ish yardline. Saying that he was about to take it to the house is an absolute joke lol Might have been a positive play, but to say it was for sure going to be an 80 yard touchdown run is just so absurd lol

14 point swing my ***

LOL at soft *** goff at 1:52 when he does that cute little twirl and falls on the ground on third down. should have been a ballerina tbh 

Bottom line is 2 things: 

1) 49ers dominated the game from start to finish. that was a good old fashioned *** whooping. Its the NFL, happens to everyone. Only reason it was close early on was because Garoppolo had a really dumb turnover on the goal line. we outgained you significantly and your offense rarely got a first down lol 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401128128

Look at those team stats. 22 first downs compared to 10. You guys had 3 first downs on the first drive, and after that you had 7 first downs for the rest of the game. You were 0-9 on 3rd down, 0-4 on fourth down. Outgained 331 yards to 157. TOP 38 to 27. I could find the first half vs second half splits if you want me to keep going. It got very ugly for rams fans in the second half. 

B E A T  D O W N 

2) McVay was very pass happy this year, especially after week 9 or 10 iirc. Your fanbase was complaining about it at a high frequency. Don't even try and deny it lol  

Look at the runs starting at 3:40 in the video above. Henderson played well with the exception of the fumble. He was finally given a few touches in a row and produced. Then he fumbled, and yall never gave him more than 3-4 carries in a game. Some runners need multiple carries to find a rhythm. McVay completely ignored him after this game. It was week 5. You guys needed to get him more experience later in the season. It was dumb. Just admit it was dumb so that we can move on lol 

I actually watch the Rams week in and week out.

Well then you didnt see much of henderson considering he only played 8% of the snaps

(And Genius McVay still has a far better record than Kyle.)

(for now)

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

When Gruden was HC?  Yeah, for sure. Now?  Nah, give me Ron. 

Dang ok. Can’t hate but I just don’t share that opinion. Really hoping he brings that heat though. Use to love wash in NFL 2k with Sean and Lavar, had the cleanest unis in the game. Loved me some Fred Smoot and Shawn Springs as well. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, N4L said:

not trying to be a ****, but you are about to feel really ****ing stupid lol it wasn't really a "fumble". It was a toss play and he took his eyes off of it. He never had possession of it. That's the sort of mistake you make when you don't get a lot of reps in practice. Its a rookie move. That doesn't mean he has a fumbling problem or something, Look at 5:28 of this video.

I'm going to feel stupid because you're trying to argue that Henderson dropping a pitch wasn't really a fumble? Haha, okay. I never argued he has a fumbling problem. I argued he wasn't ready for a big role. 

You guys are on your own 20ish yardline. Saying that he was about to take it to the house is an absolute joke lol Might have been a positive play, but to say it was for sure going to be an 80 yard touchdown run is just so absurd lol

14 point swing my ***

You ever watched the play in All-22? I have. Take a look:

t1aRQCI.jpg

2uJIfT6.jpg

Pretty clear that McVay had the perfect play dialed up. Had Henderson caught the pitch, you have Sherman containing with Hav pulling to wall him off. Your inside defenders are basically sealed and won't be much help. Henderson cuts behind Hav, and it's him against the safety in the open field. Maybe the safety makes the tackle. Maybe Sherman makes a miraculous play. But this has the looks of a very big play, and all the kid had to do was catch the pitch. I know Henderson's talent, but he wasn't ready this year.

Bottom line is 2 things: 

1) 49ers dominated the game from start to finish. that was a good old fashioned *** whooping. Its the NFL, happens to everyone. Only reason it was close early on was because Garoppolo had a really dumb turnover on the goal line. we outgained you significantly and your offense rarely got a first down lol 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401128128

Look at those team stats. 22 first downs compared to 10. You guys had 3 first downs on the first drive, and after that you had 7 first downs for the rest of the game. You were 0-9 on 3rd down, 0-4 on fourth down. Outgained 331 yards to 157. TOP 38 to 27. I could find the first half vs second half splits if you want me to keep going. It got very ugly for rams fans in the second half. 

B E A T  D O W N 

And yet you struggled to put points on the board. That fumble is where the game turned.

2) McVay was very pass happy this year, especially after week 9 or 10 iirc. Your fanbase was complaining about it at a high frequency. Don't even try and deny it lol  

Look at the runs starting at 3:40 in the video above. Henderson played well with the exception of the fumble. He was finally given a few touches in a row and produced. Then he fumbled, and yall never gave him more than 3-4 carries in a game. Some runners need multiple carries to find a rhythm. McVay completely ignored him after this game. It was week 5. You guys needed to get him more experience later in the season. It was dumb. Just admit it was dumb so that we can move on lol 

It made perfect sense why he wasn't getting PT. Brown and Gurley are good pass protectors. We needed that with the OL. And your recommendation of just have Henderson run a route isn't a real option on obvious passing downs. Any DC worth his salt is going to send A-Gap pressure and smother short routes. 

• Like 1