Rams Hiring KOC at OC

HTTRDynasty

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

All I'm taking from this is that McVay couldn't handle the responsibilities on being both OC and HC like some NFC West head coaches ;)

McVay is still going to be calling plays. I honestly think McVay brought him on board to help further develop Goff so McVay can run the entire team 

Just now, rocky_rams said:

McVay is still going to be calling plays. I honestly think McVay brought him on board to help further develop Goff so McVay can run the entire team 

Oh, I'm sure. I doubt that this changes much of anything with regards to offensive philosophy, play calls, etc. 

• Like 1

Good move all around. 

Guy had a hand in making the likes of Colt McCoy, Case Keenum, and Dwayne Haskins look somewhat competent despite their own limitations and the Redskins being bereft of weapons. He gets a shot at getting the magic touch for HC gigs down the road.

McVay gets someone who can work with Goff and be a pretty good sounding board (iirc, McConnell was one of those Kellen Moore types in that coaches loved his football smarts but he just couldn't do it as a player). And it's smart for McVay to bring someone in for ideas to keep from going stale.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

16th in DVOA and 17th in weighted DVOA though. We’ll see if it pays off for him. 

Yeah, your takes on Rivera’s hires are nothing if not predictable. He traded one complete unknown at OC for another. I’ll take the coach who learned at Norv’s knee, but to each his own. 

So what has Snyder done in 20 years to merit trusting this?  Hell, what has Rivera done to merit trusting him?  Three winning seasons in nine years?  A sub .500 record the past four years?  Replacing just about all of the coaches with guys who were on the team when he got fired?  Sorry for calling a spade a spade here, but the track record of both guys does not really merit the benefit of the doubt here.  

I mean, we've seen this before with Gibbs and Shanahan.  We will get a division title out of it, and gone in four years with a sub .500 record.  Nothing changes.  

Sorry I won't get my hopes up again.  

• Like 3