The Search for a GM

zelbell

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s a football guy who appreciates the ways of the nerd.

Until he passes the Rite of the Nerds & the Analytics Trials we won't know for sure.

Few men have come through such tests unscathed.

------------------

Live Look at DePodin in Analytoheim... setting up the Trials....

giphy.gif

------

Live look at Paton as we watch him enter the Arena ...

giphy.gif

-------------

A confident Paton ready to take on the trials....

giphy.webp?cid=790b761196fd9e66c8cefb880

---------------

Paton surviving Trial 1: "The Money-BALL" "

giphy.webp?cid=790b761138abcf547ee0e890c

-----------

Paton attempting to pass Trial 2 -- The Osweiler: "How to Steal a 2nd Round Pick for a Bag of Nothing"

source.gif

-------------------------

DePo's Final Trial Instructions....

eecec23b2e1347f25af88b27443e73456cec961af5f0989fb9b8202ed2040f1b.jpg

-------------

Live look at Paton's Choice...

MeanDisastrousKiskadee-size_restricted.gif

--------------

The Rite of the Nerd has been successfully completed.... the Meathead is dead... Long live the Nerd....

... Welcome our New Nerd King... George Paton...

4dogFOu.gif

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If it’s Paton, he’s probably talking to guys already

I don’t know how many conversations they can have with a guy. I know you can’t meet them outside of the senior bowl, combine, and visits. 

i would hope him and Stef have been talking. I think that’s the only reason we will hopefully be getting him. That they have talked to relay things but still sucks that he can’t be there. Yeah he will get info but it will be 2nd hand or by video. We also have no idea how loyal guys are to Dorsey

Edited by buno67

George Paton having a 2nd interview means absolutely nothing in and of itself.

Those thinking it's a done deal because they brought him back don't know that Paton has withdrawn himself from consideration 3 times after 2nd interviews when he was the lead candidate.

He's going to be our GM because apparently he was able to work through things to his liking in the 1st interview which usually doesn't happen in depth until the 2nd interview.

To me, the interesting question will be what becomes of Eliot Wolf, and who becomes Paton's #1 and #2 execs.

Unlike coaches that stay at an organization a long time, staying at one organization as a personnel exec for an extended period of time often means that personnel exec doesn't collaborate and work with a diverse set of personnel execs.

Edited by Mind Character

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

George Paton having a 2nd interview means absolutely nothing in and of itself.

Those thinking it's a done deal because they brought him back don't know that Paton has withdrawn himself from consideration 3 times after 2nd interviews when he was the lead candidate.

He's going to be our GM because apparently he was able to work through things to his liking in the 1st interview which usually doesn't happen in depth until the 2nd interview.

To me, the interesting question will be what becomes of Eliot Wolf, and who becomes Paton's #1 and #2 execs.

Unlike coaches that stay at an organization a long time, staying at one organization as a personnel exec for an extended period of time often means that personnel exec doesn't collaborate and work with a diverse set of personnel execs.

As it stands,  it sounds like Paton's is likely going to elevate staffers Scott Kuhn and Jamaal Stephenson from the Vikings to the Browns staff if Spielman will let them go.

Will be solid quality top exec hires under Paton though Stephenson though both are thought to likely receive major promotions and incentives to stay with the VIkings (their contracts aren't up yet either).

Ryan Monnens who was the scout that found Adam Theilen is one of Paton's favorites, but has apparently already decided to stay with the Vikes beyond draft season during the contract renewal period.

Edited by Mind Character

17 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Until he passes the Rite of the Nerds & the Analytics Trials we won't know for sure.

Few men have come through such tests unscathed.

------------------

Live Look at DePodin in Analytoheim... setting up the Trials....

giphy.gif

------

Live look at Paton as we watch him enter the Arena ...

giphy.gif

-------------

A confident Paton ready to take on the trials....

giphy.webp?cid=790b761196fd9e66c8cefb880

---------------

Paton surviving Trial 1: "The Money-BALL" "

giphy.webp?cid=790b761138abcf547ee0e890c

-----------

Paton attempting to pass Trial 2 -- The Osweiler: "How to Steal a 2nd Round Pick for a Bag of Nothing"

source.gif

-------------------------

DePo's Final Trial Instructions....

eecec23b2e1347f25af88b27443e73456cec961af5f0989fb9b8202ed2040f1b.jpg

-------------

Live look at Paton's Choice...

MeanDisastrousKiskadee-size_restricted.gif

--------------

The Rite of the Nerd has been successfully completed.... the Meathead is dead... Long live the Nerd....

... Welcome our New Nerd King... George Paton...

4dogFOu.gif

I'd like to gracefully pass my Jim Donovan Chaviertini Gif award torch onto Mind. This is beautiful. 

7RSpk9v.gif

(I'm coming for you)

• Like 2