Aaron Jones

Pugger

Jones only having 5 games of 100+ yards rushing I find to be really shocking. 

Also only has 6 games of 75+ yards rushing.

Jones having 5 games of fewer than 40 yards I find to be even more shocking.

Also has 9 games of fewer than 60 yards.

+++

3 games of 0 receptions

3 games of 1 reception (1 yard per reception)

2 games of 2 receptions (11.5 yards per reception)

4 games of 4 receptions (5.9 yards per reception)

2 games of 6 receptions (8 yards per reception

2 games of 7 receptions (17 yards per reception

+++

Median day: 50.5 yards rushing. 13 yards receiving.

That seems absolutely insane to me. Is that like that with other RBs?

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Jones only having 5 games of 100+ yards rushing I find to be really shocking. 

Also only has 6 games of 75+ yards rushing.

Jones having 5 games of fewer than 40 yards I find to be even more shocking.

Also has 9 games of fewer than 60 yards.

+++

3 games of 0 receptions

3 games of 1 reception (1 yard per reception)

2 games of 2 receptions (11.5 yards per reception)

4 games of 4 receptions (5.9 yards per reception)

2 games of 6 receptions (8 yards per reception

2 games of 7 receptions (17 yards per reception

+++

Median day: 50.5 yards rushing. 13 yards receiving.

That seems absolutely insane to me. Is that like that with other RBs?

Without looking at the other backs, I would guess that it is that way for most other backs.

Unless the offensive line can routinely dominate the line of scrimmage, the back will have a tough time in the games where the OL doesn't routinely win vs the DL.  We have a good OL, but we don't dominate the line of scrimmage on a routine basis, and there were games like SanFrancisco where the 49ers DL made big plays early and put us in a hole.

I think there are few lines that can routinely dominate in the run game especially given the emphasis on passing. 

6 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

please don't re-sign jones this offseason.  Just let him hold out.  We don't need a todd gurley injured player at a non-premium position.

Also go win vs SF and use jones a lot becuase he's the 2nd best player after adams.

Kind of a conflicting thought process.  Don't sign  him, have him hold out but  use him a lot next week cuz he's really, really good.   

I’d pay Jones 8-10 for 3 years. He deserves it. Also to get his level of production we’d have to burn a second or more. Since I’ve been following the packers draft (2000) we’ve burned almost 20 picks on rbs. Are only plus guys (top 10 at a point) were;

Green- acquired through trade (we traded a guy we took round 2 for him)

Lacy- when not fat, second round pick

Jones- steal 

Outside that there is a lot of junk. Finding a late rb really isn’t that easy. 

7 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Kind of a conflicting thought process.  Don't sign  him, have him hold out but  use him a lot next week cuz he's really, really good.   

one is about roster building, the other is about game planning.

The next Alvin Kamara/Aaron Jones is available in the 2nd round or later, and required to play for cheap for 4 years.   Paying a 2nd round pick for that VALUE is really helpful to the way you build your roster, and is a much better use of resources than spending $10M+ in salary cap on a guy who is already established and old and likely to break down sooner than later.  Investing the $10M in cap is much much much better spent on other positions which age more gracefully and have much less injury risk as they age.

Continuing to invest in an offensive line which will help every player on the offense, including a mediocre RB, would be the obvious decision to make.  Keep the Bulaga spot strong!

Just now, skibrett15 said:

one is about roster building, the other is about game planning.

The next Alvin Kamara/Aaron Jones is available in the 2nd round or later, and required to play for cheap for 4 years.   Paying a 2nd round pick for that VALUE is really helpful to the way you build your roster, and is a much better use of resources than spending $10M+ in salary cap on a guy who is already established and old and likely to break down sooner than later.  Investing the $10M in cap is much much much better spent on other positions which age more gracefully and have much less injury risk as they age.

Continuing to invest in an offensive line which will help every player on the offense, including a mediocre RB, would be the obvious decision to make.  Keep the Bulaga spot strong!

If you hit on that pick for your running back.  Packers haven't had one for years  ... crap shoot every round.  Not disagreeing we need the big boys at all.  2nd round pick is a pretty high pick to "waste" if that's the thought process.   

41 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

If you hit on that pick for your running back.  Packers haven't had one for years  ... crap shoot every round.  Not disagreeing we need the big boys at all.  2nd round pick is a pretty high pick to "waste" if that's the thought process.   

worst case is you have dexter williams and jamaal williams and your bust of a 2nd rounder and run a more pass oriented offense.  Plenty of great offenses with mediocre RBs.  Very few great offenses with highly paid RBs are great *because* that RB is great.