NFL potentially moving to 17 game season in new CBA

.Buzz

Horrible idea, odd number. Not only that, preach safety and add a game? How about opening up the game day roster to 53 men over 46. Greed rules though, I should not be surprised. Will water down the product. Records become meaningless.

But hey hey, buy tickets and merchandise! 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Silver said:

Horrible idea, odd number. Not only that, preach safety and add a game? How about opening up the game day roster to 53 men over 46. Greed rules though, I should not be surprised. Will water down the product. Records become meaningless.

But hey hey, buy tickets and merchandise! 

Don’t be a fan, I guess. If the product is that bad, lack of revenue will eventually follow.

id assume the players will get an extra bye or relaxation of marijuana penalties.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Who is the other opponent? 

This sucks for those of us with OCD that love the symmetry of every team playing 4 first, second, third and fourth place finishers from the previous season...

I'd like regional rivalry (Ravens-Redskins, Chargers-Rams, Texans-Cowboys) or equal place opponent in rotating AFC divisions, if they could work it out. Not every team would have a regional rivalry though, would they? 

25 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

When was the last time the NFL came up with an idea that didn't suck?

This one. Its a perfect idea. As long as there is an extra bye week. Can coordinate it around international and/or thursday night games. More real football, less preseason games.

LOVE IT!