.Buzz

NFL potentially moving to 17 game season in new CBA

I know Macafee always brings up if they move it to 17, they should have two bye weeks. No idea if that is actually in discussion too.

Edited by Toddfather

Horrible idea, odd number. Not only that, preach safety and add a game? How about opening up the game day roster to 53 men over 46. Greed rules though, I should not be surprised. Will water down the product. Records become meaningless.

But hey hey, buy tickets and merchandise! 

2 minutes ago, Silver said:

Horrible idea, odd number. Not only that, preach safety and add a game? How about opening up the game day roster to 53 men over 46. Greed rules though, I should not be surprised. Will water down the product. Records become meaningless.

But hey hey, buy tickets and merchandise! 

Don’t be a fan, I guess. If the product is that bad, lack of revenue will eventually follow.

id assume the players will get an extra bye or relaxation of marijuana penalties.

Who is the other opponent? 

This sucks for those of us with OCD that love the symmetry of every team playing 4 first, second, third and fourth place finishers from the previous season...

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Who is the other opponent? 

This sucks for those of us with OCD that love the symmetry of every team playing 4 first, second, third and fourth place finishers from the previous season...

I'd like regional rivalry (Ravens-Redskins, Chargers-Rams, Texans-Cowboys) or equal place opponent in rotating AFC divisions, if they could work it out. Not every team would have a regional rivalry though, would they? 

not a fan of this, although it looks like the two sides are already close to a deal judging by that tweet..that's a good sign

If anything, the NFL should reduce the amount of games played.

25 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

When was the last time the NFL came up with an idea that didn't suck?

This one. Its a perfect idea. As long as there is an extra bye week. Can coordinate it around international and/or thursday night games. More real football, less preseason games.

LOVE IT!

Hate it. Can’t wait to see all the single season records get broken. Is there a better union than the player’s association..?

Remove one quarter of football, have 21 games with three quarters instead of 16 games with 4 quarters. 

That way owners can sell tickets to 5 more games a year and players play less actual time. 

I'm brilliant.