Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

What do we need to do?

Where do we need to improve?

Thoughts on coaching staff?

How do we fix the product on the field?

Who could we have that would fix this?

When do we improve this team, draft/free agency?

Why did we not preform ending to 2020 season?

heres to the 2020/2021 season.

My thoughts.

if Zimmer is going to stick around, there will have to be changes on how the offense works. League is changing so we have to too. Defense can still be a focal point, but this Run, Run, Pass thing has to change. We can’t just LEAN on the defense to make a stop every time. While I said it can be the focal point, it doesn’t need to have to be a team that needs to hold every team to 21 points or less. 

we need to improve the offense. Is the defense getting older? Yes. Is the defense the reason we lost? No. While the interior defensive line crumbled in the run game, they also were worn down because our offense couldn’t stay on the field. I don’t believe drafting a OG in the first round fixes this. We need some sort of a weapon. As much as we like Thielen and Diggs, Thielen is going to be 30. Diggs isn’t a receiver that can do everything himself. Somewhere he will need a complement. I still believe to win, the offense is going to need to keep putting weapons around Cousins next year whether it’s free agency or thru the draft. Next year we can’t grab projects, we can grab guys that only fit the system. Zimmer won’t have a job if we do that again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

What do we need to do?

What do we need to do?

Hard goodbyes....Rhodes, Rudolf, maybe even Smith.  Release almost the entire offensive line.  Move Barrs contract.

Complete offensive line rebuild.

Defensive Tackle, young linebackers and corners

Zimmer can stay HC, but should have no involvement with the offense.  And the offensive staff can be looked at.  It's okay but throwing 3 yards when you need 10 needs to stop forever.

Cut the old slack, draft O Line

The Colts O-Line

Might be a 5 year rebuild at this point 

I thought we actually overachieved when we beat New Orleans.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

What do we need to do?

1) Purge bloated contracts like Reiff, Joseph, Rhodes. Move on from Spielman, he’s not the right man to lead the retooling.

2) OLine and run game was bad down the stretch. Cook couldn’t eclipse 4 yards per carry in the second half of the year yet MN was one of the most run heavy teams. Secondary is bad. There’s also no interior presence at DT. MN desperately needs a disruptive 3 down DT. I like the offensive system but philosophy was terrible. Way too much reliance on the run game.

3) Zimmer is getting stale. I definitely wouldn’t extend him . two playoff wins in 6 years isn’t very good. Great regular season coach as he beats the teams he should, but his teams rarely handle adversity well. Does Zimmer deserve to be fired? Probably not but I’d support it.

4) New vision is desperately needed from the front office and coaching staff.

5) hard to pick one player, but there’s been a series of bad moves that might be catching up with them ie Bradford, Treadwell, overpaying for Barr who frankly isn’t worth it.

6) I think this team has peaked under the current leadership.

7) Don’t show up for big games. Outside of the Saints game, we were outplayed by everyone with a wining record. It’s a trend that has been going on for years now.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Treadwell?

That was the idea when he was drafted, sadly it did not work out.  He was lucky to get brought back but may have shown enough to be a WR5 and ST guy.  Bisi Johnson showed a little bit but doesn't really have any traits that make him stand out as anything other than a lesser version of Diggs or Theilen.