Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

4 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

That was the idea when he was drafted, sadly it did not work out.  He was lucky to get brought back but may have shown enough to be a WR5 and ST guy.  Bisi Johnson showed a little bit but doesn't really have any traits that make him stand out as anything other than a lesser version of Diggs or Theilen.

I don’t know why Treadwell would be a size mismatch when he’s only 6’2 with a 33” vertical.

The offense has to adjust. I love having a powerful running game, but 3 big games this year a team shut down the run and the offense completely fell apart. 

You can't have Diggs and Thielen making 25+ million combined and not have them more involved. While the game was competitive Diggs had 3 targets and if it were a better throw from Cousins, all 3 would've been for first downs or a touchdown. 

Defense needs to get younger in the middle and Rhodes needs to go. 

• Like 2

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Worst part is, this team is about impossible to completely rebuild until after this year. It requires completely dumping the coaching staff/management,  finding a way out of too many big contracts, and where do you start with keeping the previous players drafted?

The offense is somewhat set pending on what they do with Reiff. I'd like to see them draft a true WR3 and another interior offensive lineman. 

8 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

I don’t know why Treadwell would be a size mismatch when he’s only 6’2 with a 33” vertical.

He was a big contested catch guy in college.  That didn't translate to the NFL where the corners were much better and he could not separate. 

43 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

The offense has to adjust. I love having a powerful running game, but 3 big games this year a team shut down the run and the offense completely fell apart. 

You can't have Diggs and Thielen making 25+ million combined and not have them more involved. While the game was competitive Diggs had 3 targets and if it were a better throw from Cousins, all 3 would've been for first downs or a touchdown. 

Defense needs to get younger in the middle and Rhodes needs to go. 

When did the run game actually produce at an efficient level against a good team this year. My concern is this identity of being a strong running team that isn’t really valid, we tore up a bunch of bad teams but whenever we needed the run game to produce against a playoff level team, it was a struggle. Minus the first Packers game, you can’t point to efficient output.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

And move on with Reiff and replace with who?

That’s the point of a rebuild. Reiff is just a name. If the play up front wasn’t good, why hang onto him. He’s not a difference maker and certainly isn’t worth his contract. 

Im really struggling with the current team. The roster is so bloated. I don’t think there’s a missing piece or two, from a roster standpoint, for this team to be a serious contender. What’s missing is culture and leadership. There’s no grit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

When did the run game actually produce at an efficient level against a good team this year. My concern is this identity of being a strong running team that isn’t really valid, we tore up a bunch of bad teams but whenever we needed the run game to produce against a playoff level team, it was a struggle. Minus the first Packers game, you can’t point to efficient output.

I agree. I just think it needs to be more complimentary to the passing game.