Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

9 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

The #Bengals are signing former #Vikings CB Mackensie Alexander to a one-year, $4 million deal, source said.

Not sure how we couldn't bring him back for that price

Dammit really, that's it? We didn't want to match, or did Mac want a shot of being more than just Zimmers slot CB. I wonder if he wants a chance at being an outside CB, than cash in following hus one year deal. Waynes got big $ to Cinny, Mac wants that opporrtunity perhaps.

Another disappointing circumstance. This might cement Zimmer being able to convince Rick to take another prized CB in round 1.

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Dammit really, that's it? We didn't want to match, or did Mac want a shot of being more than just Zimmers slot CB. I wonder if he wants a chance at being an outside CB, than cash in following hus one year deal. Waynes got big $ to Cinny, Mac wants that opporrtunity perhaps.

Another disappointing circumstance. This might cement Zimmer being able to convince Rick to take another prized CB in round 1.

At this point they are almost pigeonholed into it. They have no reliable corners when it comes to being on the field whether is health or suspension related and absolutely zero depth

13 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

The #Bengals are signing former #Vikings CB Mackensie Alexander to a one-year, $4 million deal, source said.

Not sure how we couldn't bring him back for that price

Wow....c'mon that's insanely cheap for what he offers. Not even gonna get a comp pick for him most likely.

• Like 1

Just now, VikeManDan said:

Wow....c'mon that's insanely cheap for what he offers. Not even gonna get a comp pick for him most likely.

He should factor into the compensatory formula. The only likely way the team won't get a comp pick is if they sign another free agent that cancels out his loss. I really doubt he'll be cut before week 10 by the team that signed him. He is too good for that IMO.

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't think he wanted to come back. 

I'm not living the trend of players not wanting to be here. Diggs, Kearse, Mac.

Granted there a plenty that do, it's just hard losing talented players mostly because they don't want to be here. 

1 minute ago, byuvike88 said:

I'm not living the trend of players not wanting to be here. Diggs, Kearse, Mac.

Granted there a plenty that do, it's just hard losing talented players mostly because they don't want to be here. 

Mac and Kearse don’t really concern me. They were drafted to play a role, and they ultimately wanted a larger role. Nothing wrong with that. 

There is no way that Rick let him walk

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Wanted Mac back, but I’m not surprised. 

He wasn’t happy that he had to dress week 17 when all of the other starters got to sit. 

These Clemson guys have some fragile egos

4 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

He should factor into the compensatory formula. The only likely way the team won't get a comp pick is if they sign another free agent that cancels out his loss. I really doubt he'll be cut before week 10 by the team that signed him. He is too good for that IMO.

I guess it will, I didn't think it would be enough $$$.

Looks like it could be a 6th potentially.

9 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Borderline 6th & 7th. There are only 32 comp picks awarded. https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

• Like 1