Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Abdullah? Thought he was a waste of a roster spot and easily replaceable kick returner. 

He fills in well as a 3rd down back. While still good depth, I don't think he'll stop us from looking at the UDFA RBs this year to see if they can replace him.

I don't think being good depth means one cannot be replaced.

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Abdullah? Thought he was a waste of a roster spot and easily replaceable kick returner. 

He was definitely replaceable. Not a fan of continuing to waste cap space on "3rd-4th tier guys, who have known little upside" ... much rather UDFA who have unknown upside

Edited by CriminalMind

10 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

He was definitely replaceable. Not a fan of continuing to waste cap space on "3rd-4th tier guys, who have known little upside" ... much rather UDFA who have unknown upside

I can’t inagine that the Vikes won’t add a couple rookies RB via the draft or FA, so Abdullah is no sure thing to make the roster. I just think it’s odd to do it now than just waiting until after the draft. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I can’t inagine that the Vikes won’t add a couple rookies RB via the draft or FA, so Abdullah is no sure thing to make the roster. I just think it’s odd to do it now than just waiting until after the draft. 

when we need to compete with other teams after day 3 for udfa, the existing depth charts may play roles as well... especially with likely no rookie camp and short/if any TC