Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

On 3/28/2020 at 6:13 PM, AWinfield26 said:

I know we have a need at CB but would you guys be against using our 2 first rounders on OL?

I would be heavily in favor of that to the point of calling it my ideal situation. However, I am not one to favor forcing anything in the draft so I could not go in the draft counting on getting anything of use on the offensive line.

Ideally, the team gets a LT in the draft that shows in camp that Reiff is expendable. This would allow the Vikings to try and trade Reiff or cut him if nobody is interested. There is no way that I would cut Reiff until I had the replacement and saw him perform in at least a couple preseason games where he can beat out Reiff rather than be given the job.

Then the team can draft one or two other offensive linemen high (I would be fine with all three of the picks in the first two rounds going to the offensive line) with the hopes of them making two of the three in-place starters along the interior expendable. The problem is, the Vikings do not, in my evaluation, have any in place starters on the interior right now. They need to fill those gaps before the draft in case they are unable to draft players for those positions or the draft picks simply do not work out, as we all know to be a frequent reality.

I suppose the team would call Elflein and Bradbury two of the presumptive interior line starters right now. If that is their outlook, that is absolutely hideous planning in my opinion. And the other guard position might even be worse. We don't even know who the presumptive starter would be. Whoever they pick, it is nobody that inspires any confidence for me.

Of course, there are very valid arguments for not using all those picks on the offensive line and I agree with many of those too. The team needs to put itself in a position where they can be flexible and that flexibility means having a plan for using no picks along the offensive line as well as having a plan that involves picking three of them in the first two rounds if things fell that way.

Edited by Cearbhall

2 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Rhodes would visibly pout on the field and constantly yelling and arguing with other players. 

That’s true, though he wasn’t a problem when he was good. I’d call that more frustration than anything else given all the times he was torched last year. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Tbh I really like the off-season. 

We've got rid of a lot of players who have bad attitudes. 

It could have been better, there were some players that went for cheap who I would have liked to sign. The draft is really going to make or break our off-season. 

7 minutes ago, AWinfield26 said:

It could have been better, there were some players that went for cheap who I would have liked to sign. The draft is really going to make or break our off-season. 

Exactly. Attitudes aside, we are a worse football team right now than we were a few weeks ago. We got worse at CB, DE, WR, and OG. The only position you can argue we got better at is NT. If we don't nail this draft it will be a big failure of an off-season.

30 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Exactly. Attitudes aside, we are a worse football team right now than we were a few weeks ago. We got worse at CB, DE, WR, and OG. The only position you can argue we got better at is NT. If we don't nail this draft it will be a big failure of an off-season.

Guys like Pierre Desir, Karl Joesph (Had we traded Harris, now it seems to late), Maliek Collins, Nickel Robey-Coleman, Austin Blythe, Demarcus Robinson....etc could have helped/brought more competition. All signed 1 year deals as well. They put a lot of pressure on themselves to nail the draft, I really hope they have a plan cause to me it doesn't seem like they do.   

• Like 1