Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

26 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Well they did sign Zettel... Dont know if that's meaningful tbh, but tis something

Wake and Michel Bennett stand out as intriguing options to me. Marcus Golden maybe as well, but isn't he more of stand up rusher?

Names from this list, so a fairly crude search.

https://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2020-nfl-free-agents-list/

I did not realize there were still so many quality free agents out there

Just now, Dolmonite26 said:

Isn't he kind of past that at this point? Seems like he's had like 3 years to prove it and hasn't

He wasn't healthy. It would definitely be contingent on his health, and I'm not sure how the Vikings would be able to verify that given the current state of the world.

45 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Yeah the names on the list were shocking.

Makes you wonder if it's more of a name value thing and some of them are over the hill.

I think most of those names are just names...quite a few of them are "over the hill" or were never really as good as their name suggested.

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think most of those names are just names...quite a few of them are "over the hill" or were never really as good as their name suggested.

Both Wake and Bennett were all pro caliber players in their prime and were still productive role players last year.

4 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Both Wake and Bennett were all pro caliber players in their prime and were still productive role players last year.

Wake wasn't really productive at all - 4 tackles in 9 games.

Ansah is never healthy and hasn't been any better than average for years. I still wonder about the rumor that he's a couple of years older than his official age. 

Bennett is still pretty good but I can't imagine he and Zimmer would get along. 

20 hours ago, Krauser said:

Yeah a guard is a bigger need. I'd give up picks (say, a 3rd and a 6th) for a high level starter in his prime like Thuney or Scherff. The Vikings could afford to pay them.

Clowney isn't an elite pass rusher but he's a blue chip player at a high value position. Graded as the 9th best edge last year, just behind Hunter and Cam Jordan. I'd be willing to pay him too, but there's no chance that happens. 

THIS...please!!!!!!

Clowney now appears not to be returning to Seattle, as the Seahawks now gave #90 back to Jarran Reed (who had that number before Clowney arrived), so Clowney will likely now land in Tennessee.  What impact that has on Everson either going to Seattle or coming back here remains to be seen.  

I’m looking forward to the 2020 season, and think it could be a lot like 2015. 

Zimmer, first and foremost, is a teacher. That is easily the aspect of coaching he loves most. And it’s why he hired Turner, Patterson, Sparano, Shurmur, and why he hired Kubiak and his crew. 

With such a young group of players to teach and mold, the roster is starting to take the appearance that it had before Bridgewater’s injury. 

• Like 1