Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

For 20-21

Zimmer needs to turn over more offensive and defense control to the Oc and DC. Give those guys more freedom to be creative and aggressive.  Focus more on being the HC.  Combine the best of what he does with what they do. 

Prioritize OL and DL. The weapons are there on offense, but need to dominate LOS.  Get to the QB and shut down run first on D.  Zimmer loves his 1st round Conerbacks, but I say earn your money “cornerback whisperer” by developing a mid-rounder. 

Unless ONeill is moving to LT (questionably), Reiff stays and so does Griffin and Joseph (see point 2 above).  Rhodes is obviously gone as well as one of the other CBs.  Barr is on the trade block. He is good, but I think adding a similar player at another position of need could be more beneficial.  Rudy will be missed, but have to a more long term approach. 

Try to add a size or speed mis match at WR3. 

With the 25th pick draft a tackle, guard or a DT that can start day one. Really wish I could go back to the 2015 draft and get Aaron Donald instead of Anthony Barr. I think Bradbury is a great pick but he needs some more talent around him on both sides. The Packers guard got to play next to David Bakatootits and it did wonders for him.

On offense I think you try to replace Reiff and/or Elflien. We also need another receiver that can go over the top and catch over the middle. Get one of those so he can replace Theilen in a couple years. I'm fine with Rudolph, Smith, Conklin, and Morgan at TE next year. A new kick returner would be outstanding. We need to draft a QB or pay one to back up Kirk that isn't a pile of crap like Mannion.

On defense it's time to say good by to Joseph, Rhodes, Griffen, and Waynes. We need the money!! In free agency we need to infuse some new and younger talent. Waynes while young will be overpaid by someone. Griffen is no longer a top edge rusher. If he can take a paycut bring him back otherwise good bye. Rhodes has severly diminished. I'd trade him during the draft to a team hoping to get him playing better. Even for a 3rd day pick just to get something for him. Pay Anthony Harris and extend Obegingo and Weatherly to cheap contracts.

Make some changes to the coaching staff. Zimmer isn't going anywhere so get some guys with new ideas. Zimmer needs to give full control to his DC if it's Edwards and whomever his OC is. Edwards has done great calling the defense in the few chances he's gotten.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

So with the Ravens losing, the Vikings will be picking 25th correct?

The Texans were also 10-6 during the regular season, so they might pick ahead of us if they lose tomorrow.  Not sure what the tie breaker would be between us and them.  We would pick no later than 26th.

9 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

With the 25th pick draft a tackle, guard or a DT that can start day one. Really wish I could go back to the 2015 draft and get Aaron Donald instead of Anthony Barr. I think Bradbury is a great pick but he needs some more talent around him on both sides. The Packers guard got to play next to David Bakatootits and it did wonders for him.

On offense I think you try to replace Reiff and/or Elflien. We also need another receiver that can go over the top and catch over the middle. Get one of those so he can replace Theilen in a couple years. I'm fine with Rudolph, Smith, Conklin, and Morgan at TE next year. A new kick returner would be outstanding. We need to draft a QB or pay one to back up Kirk that isn't a pile of crap like Mannion.

On defense it's time to say good by to Joseph, Rhodes, Griffen, and Waynes. We need the money!! In free agency we need to infuse some new and younger talent. Waynes while young will be overpaid by someone. Griffen is no longer a top edge rusher. If he can take a paycut bring him back otherwise good bye. Rhodes has severly diminished. I'd trade him during the draft to a team hoping to get him playing better. Even for a 3rd day pick just to get something for him. Pay Anthony Harris and extend Obegingo and Weatherly to cheap contracts.

Make some changes to the coaching staff. Zimmer isn't going anywhere so get some guys with new ideas. Zimmer needs to give full control to his DC if it's Edwards and whomever his OC is. Edwards has done great calling the defense in the few chances he's gotten.

Joseph,Rhodes and Griffen should all take pay cuts.  Obegingo is still under contract next year.  Harris while I like him is for sure gone.  You simply can't have a ton of money tied up at the safety position while we need help at CB.  

1 minute ago, Taylor0026 said:

Joseph,Rhodes and Griffen should all take pay cuts.  Obegingo is still under contract next year.  Harris while I like him is for sure gone.  You simply can't have a ton of money tied up at the safety position while we need help at CB.  

Would rather that are sent elsewhere. Zimmer will start them if they are on the roster.

The cap situation right now isn’t looking good (Spotrac has it at -4 right now for 2020), so Spielman and crew will need to get very creative on restructuring. Fortunately there are plenty of options. Rhodes is a no brainer. Maybe they can save on Griff, Joseph, and Reiff. A Cousins extension too that moved 2020 money to 21-23 would also help (some fans would hate that).

Wayne’s is probably gone (being a prime aged middle of the road corner, he’s going to get stupid money). Harris should be brought back. Maybe they can bring Alexander back on a prove it, because they’ll need cb bodies and he is good when healthy.

Looking  at the draft, the team will need to add a corner high.  Mike Hughes is cb1 next year with holes at cb2-3. Depending on if they cut or restructure guys, that will determine where else the team goes. They need some more size and physicality up front on both interiors. 

7 hours ago, Taylor0026 said:

Cb help should come from the draft, so I’m fine giving Harris a new contract.

First and foremost, we really need help on our oline. Pat eflien (however you spell it) seriously needs to go, he is not only a weak link, but is eating our cap as well. Riley Rieff, I dunno about him either but he wasn’t to good out there either. I dunno how strong the o linemen are in the draft this year, but I really think picking replacements for those two are important. I see people saying we need more receivers, but I think ola bisi and treadwell would be fine for us. We have two all world receivers, the issue is that our offensive line collapses so fast that we don’t really have time for cousins to make a decision. Priority number one is to fix this Oline.

On defense, Rhodes has to go. We will need to find suitable replacements for him and possibly Wayne’s as well. Truthfully, our cb play was limited due to missing two of our main contributors in the secondary yesterday, but we still need help there. I hope Griffen takes a pay cut to assist, but if not he can go to. We have a really damn good defensive line I don’t really see much of an issue there. Getting a DT that can go ahead of Joseph might be helpful? But I don’t feel to bad for the line. 

Coaching needs to be revamped as far as an offensive coordinator. I think Zimmer is really good, just needs work on time management and to change our run first philosophy. We have two guys outside that can beat basically anybody they line up against, they both need to be involved. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Taylor0026 said:

No sir, that would not be beneficial to us at ALL. Letting Anthony Harris go sets us back a lot. This guy should be a pro bowler and all pro as well, 6 interceptions isn’t easy. He is a ball hawk that isn’t afraid to tackle, and Harrison Smith is still other worldly. Pay Anthony Harris tomorrow if need be, but we have the best safety duo in the entire nfl, no way I let him go.