Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

19 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

New CBA passed. What are everyone’s thoughts on Hill being a starter now?

I’m not worried about him missing time, but we still need to see the adequate development as a CB. 

I’d still love to see the team keep Alexander, sign a veteran (Johnathan Joseph), and draft a CB in round 1 or 2. 

Hughes and Joseph outside, Alexander in the slot, Hill as the primary reserve, and a high level rookie learning to take over for Joseph. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

And I thought Hill played well when given the opportunity. He’ll be entering year 3.

Im not saying we shouldn’t add anyone but I’m hoping it moves down the list a little bit. 

Maybe we should only be concerned with Hill's development as a professional player, but it's his maturity as a man that will ultimately prove whether he is a Viking asset or a liability.  I think the jury is still out....WAY out.

4 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Maybe we should only be concerned with Hill's development as a professional player, but it's his maturity as a man that will ultimately prove whether he is a Viking asset or a liability.  I think the jury is still out....WAY out.

This impacts his development IMO. The threat of a marijuana suspension is eliminated.

I agree with your 2nd statement. 

CB, UT and OL are still my top priorities. I think there will end up being a platoon at NT with Stephen and Watts. 

S and WR are the next needs. Harris is probably replaced by Sendejo thus more depth will be needed. I don’t like the WR group if Diggs or Thielen get hurt. And who knows what’s going on in Diggs mind right now. 

Im still hopeful that Griffen returns and that is assumed in my needs above. 

Edited by vikingsrule

Priority and value don’t go hand in hand. While I think the top priority is the OL, mainly the LG position, I’m not interested in using a high value draft pick (1st/2nd) on a guard. While on the flip side, I don’t see OT as a priority, it is one of the 4 most valuable positions, and there are a handful of players in the draft that I’d easily use a 1st on. So, while it may not be a priority. It would be a great value pick, and possibly allow you to kick Reiff inside to guard. 

CB should be an early round focus. We might be able to afford one of Alexander or Waynes, and maybe a low priced veteran, but there’s a good chance the team will need a rookie to play a good amount. 

3T is a position I’d look for in FA. Look to find a vet on a 1 year deal. Try to find another Tom Johnson-esque player. I’d also be looking for a guy on the second day. A rotational type player that you can develop. 

WR and S I’m not too worried about. It’s an extremely deep WR draft, so I’m not gonna throw an early pick at the position. And a mid round S is probably good enough. Zimmer and this team have never put much into the safety spot next to Smith, yet have gotten great production.