Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

With Ham and Bailey signed and Harris tagged, do they even have any money to sign a free agent?

i expect Waynes and Alexander to walk. Maybe Griffen returns and I think they bring back Bailey. Doesn’t all of this essentially whipe out that $25 million in cap space. Might have to move on from Reiff if they want to do anything more than this.

I'm good with keeping Alexander, letting Waynes walk. Retaining Everson and moving on from Reiff... Coupled with going full steam ahead with draft picks 1-3 addressing both sides of the trenches.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

With Ham and Bailey signed and Harris tagged, do they even have any money to sign a free agent?

i expect Waynes and Alexander to walk. Maybe Griffen returns and I think they bring back Bailey. Doesn’t all of this essentially whipe out that $25 million in cap space. Might have to move on from Reiff if they want to do anything more than this.

Right now they have like 7 mil in cap space. Which isnt enough for anything. But id think they try to work out a long term deal with Harris to lower his 2020 cap hit. Also Reiff has to either be cut or restructured. They will  have to make some moves, but i think they have the best cap guy in the NFL. Plus the guys i mentioned shouldnt be too expensive, mainly Joseph. 

Alot of it is how these deals are going to be structured. The cap is going to jump next year and then they can worry about it then. Another option is possibly trading Harris and his 11 mil cap hit. 

6 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Right now they have like 7 mil in cap space. Which isnt enough for anything. But id think they try to work out a long term deal with Harris to lower his 2020 cap hit. Also Reiff has to either be cut or restructured. They will  have to make some moves, but i think they have the best cap guy in the NFL. Plus the guys i mentioned shouldnt be too expensive, mainly Joseph. 

Alot of it is how these deals are going to be structured. The cap is going to jump next year and then they can worry about it then. Another option is possibly trading Harris and his 11 mil cap hit. 

I’d rather keep Harris over Reiff if I had to choose. 

On 3/15/2020 at 1:19 PM, Duff Man said:

There’s not going to be a QB available for us in Round 1 or 2 that’s worth drafting. QB isn’t a need, resigning our existing franchise QB is.

Ouch, it hurts to be so right!

$ amount was a bit high, but I am ecstatic that we have our franchise QB locked up for a couple more years. If they can get a 3T, CB, and LG through FA/draft, I’ll be very optimistic for this season. 

47 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Draft Priorities (After-trade & Cousin ext)

R1: OL>3T>DE

R1: OL>3T>DE

R2: OL>3T>CB\DE

Ideal: R1 OL, R1 DL, R2 OL, R3 DE, R3 CB, R4 WR

Considering the team didn't release Reiff, I see OL kind of on the back burner (behind WR and CB for sure). Right now, all things considering the team could manage with just 1 additional starting G.

21 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Considering the team didn't release Reiff, I see OL kind of on the back burner (behind WR and CB for sure). Right now, all things considering the team could manage with just 1 additional starting G.

I understand this rationalization, but to me, the OL needs to turn into a huge strength to support Cousins & Cook. Planning on keeping Reiff at starter is a likely but also worse case scenario.

We currently have Hughes\Hill and I'm hoping for Mack back to address CB plus later round CBs.

I think putting your top draft capital (outside of QB) to the trenches is the 'winning formula', all other positions are aided by what is dictated at the LOS

• Like 2

Just now, CriminalMind said:

I understand this rationalization, but to me, the OL needs to turn into a huge strength to support Cousins & Cook. Planning on keeping Reiff at starter is a likely but also worse case scenario.

We currently have Hughes\Hill and I'm hoping for Mack back to address CB plus later round CBs.

I think putting your top draft capital (outside of QB) to the trenches is the 'winning formula', all other positions are aided by what is dictated at the LOS

OL- I'd argue that the OL wasn't that bad. Yes it needs some work, but legitimately outside against GB, one Chi game, and SF the narrative this season was the line was fine. If you only don't match up against 3 teams, it isn't a dire situation. With Bradbury improving year 2, BO year 3, and Reiff/Klein being fine, it is more fine than bad. Improve one G spot and things are looking up.

CB- This position is pretty dire. You really need to be 5 corners deep and MN has 2 guys under contract. Hughes too is a giant injury concern. Even with Mac back, MN needs to spend a 1 or 2 at CB, plus a 4th or it will be a disaster.

Philosophy- Yes and no-I believe more that you want impact players at positions of importance, and guys who aren't complete holes that get taken advantage of by mediocre (Bradbury this year... hopefully not next year). Look at KC- they had one legit had one quality OL and a bunch of JAGs. Then 2 stud DL and a bunch of Jags. They also had impact guys on the outside though and created the high impact variance to win.

1 minute ago, pacman5252 said:

OL- I'd argue that the OL wasn't that bad. Yes it needs some work, but legitimately outside against GB, one Chi game, and SF the narrative this season was the line was fine. If you only don't match up against 3 teams, it isn't a dire situation. With Bradbury improving year 2, BO year 3, and Reiff/Klein being fine, it is more fine than bad. Improve one G spot and things are looking up.

CB- This position is pretty dire. You really need to be 5 corners deep and MN has 2 guys under contract. Hughes too is a giant injury concern. Even with Mac back, MN needs to spend a 1 or 2 at CB, plus a 4th or it will be a disaster.

Philosophy- Yes and no-I believe more that you want impact players at positions of importance, and guys who aren't complete holes that get taken advantage of by mediocre (Bradbury this year... hopefully not next year). Look at KC- they had one legit had one quality OL and a bunch of JAGs. Then 2 stud DL and a bunch of Jags. They also had impact guys on the outside though and created the high impact variance to win.

Cantv compare Minny to KC, Mahomes is a superior talent capable of making up for talent deficiancies, while Cousins at best, is net zero.

Given no Diggs, (inna vacuume), id expect the OL to get worse.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I don't agree that Reiff starting is a worst case scenario at all. He was average. A lot of teams would kill for an average left tackle. I think cutting him and hoping we can replace him from within or that someone will fall to us in the draft that will be as good or better than him year 1 is the worst case scenario.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Seems like there is a narrative. Cousins is clearly an above average QB. Legit top 10, most of the time. 

The Vikes did get worse trading Diggs, for now. But if they can find another Rhodes in the middle first round, no one will have this narrative. Diggs will be missed, but what are you going to do if he doesn’t want to play. Get rid of your QB and build an offense around him. Sorry, Diggs isn’t a generational talent.

I don’t see what there is to criticize our Punter. He’s good and was paid appropriately. I’m tired of punting and FG holding woes.

Wilson should honestly be starting if it weren’t for the lousy decision to extend Barr.

• Like 3