Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

20 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Well we don't need two 10 million dollar safeties. I'd rather they trade Harris, get another haul, and draft his replacement.

Wait why not? You don't like talented defensive players? Show me another defensive player that we are getting before i want to trade away another good\great talent

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Wait why not? You don't like talented defensive players? Show me another defensive player that we are getting before i want to trade away another good\great talent

Agreed. The CB group will get cheap relying on young players so we can afford to have two top 5ish Safety’s.

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

2nd or 3rd round pick is fine with me. We've had 2 undrafted players play the spot next to Harrison Smith for the past 8-10 years. If it was that important they would have grabbed someone early.

Just now, TENINCH said:

2nd or 3rd round pick is fine with me. We've had 2 undrafted players play the spot next to Harrison Smith for the past 8-10 years. If it was that important they would have grabbed someone early.

2nd for me, I’m all for it. A third, not sure I see the point. Having two firsts and two seconds goes a long way to filling voids at CB, DT, OL and WR. But who’s trading a second for a 29 year old Safety making $10+ million.

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

2nd for me, I’m all for it. A third, not sure I see the point. Having two firsts and two seconds goes a long way to filling voids at CB, DT, OL and WR. But who’s trading a second for a 29 year old Safety making $10+ million.

I'm sure someone will come close. Lots of desperate teams out there making poor decisions.

I wouldn't trade Tony H.

We need familiar faces. This defense may also lose both Waynes and Alexander. Roster shock is real. You can't change too much too fast, especially with what's going to be a shortened offseason. Keep the talented, familiar faces. We want to be competitive. This isn't a rebuilding team. Competitive teams require chemistry.

Edited by joru1000

37 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Seems like there is a narrative. Cousins is clearly an above average QB. Legit top 10, most of the time. 

The Vikes did get worse trading Diggs, for now. But if they can find another Rhodes in the middle first round, no one will have this narrative. Diggs will be missed, but what are you going to do if he doesn’t want to play. Get rid of your QB and build an offense around him. Sorry, Diggs isn’t a generational talent.

I don’t see what there is to criticize our Punter. He’s good and was paid appropriately. I’m tired of punting and FG holding woes.

Wilson should honestly be starting if it weren’t for the lousy decision to extend Barr.

Winning teams always have unheralded moves like resigning a special team player or a 4thb linebacker. I'm not saying that they are A+ moves but you can't ignore the back end of the rooster

Okay.  I'm a little less shocked now than I was a couple of hours ago, regarding the Diggs trade.  It seems clear that the strategy going forward is to invest in the future...with puzzling decision to extend Cousins the exception to the strategy.  It also seem evident that the Vikings will go from a solidly veteran group that won a playoff game in 2019, to a team that will likely be starting rookies and players that have been in development over the last couple of years.  My guess is that we haven't seen the end of jettisoning players for draft picks and cap relief.

With what has transpired over the last week, would you say your outlook for the 2020 Vikings has changed?  I think, the team will not win as many games and miss the playoffs.  I think they are looking, realistically, at trying to be more competitive in 2021...which is not necessarily a bad thing.  I approve of getting younger and seeing what you've got in the investment in players from the last couple of drafts. I still scratch my head regarding the extension of Cousins.

I feel like the reason for locking up Cousins a little bit longer while heading younger and changing up the team is you can't do everything at once. Cousins will be able to keep you stable and never drop down to horrible. Hopefully not this year, but 2021, draft and let them develop an athletic QB the following year.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I trust Zimmer to develop and scheme around lesser talent in the secondary. I want ballers on the lines.

That trust may be unwarranted though. Zimmer has always worked with DBs that we’re high picks. What lesser talent has he really developed into good starters. I’ll give you Anthony Harris. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

That trust may be unwarranted though. Zimmer has always worked with DBs that we’re high picks. What lesser talent has he really developed into good starters. I’ll give you Anthony Harris. 

I don't think that's fair. So many early round DBs bust hard. Zimmer has taken 1st round DBs and turned them in to All-Pros and pro bowlers, which isn't easy. Combine that with the success he's had at the safety position (Harris, Sendejo, Kearse) and I think Zimmer has done a fine job and earned some trust.

• Like 2