Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

As it stands now, this team is significantly worse at WR, DT, DE, CB, and K on top of we haven’t improved anything on the roster. 

This team is far from contending for a Super Bowl, and doesn’t even look like a playoff contender at this point. 

It was always suppose to be worse then last year. This past season, we were able to fit everyone in ... with zero chance of fitting everyone in come March.
This not "new news" ... a youth movement was also on tap.

8 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

It was always suppose to be worse then last year. This past season, we were able to fit everyone in ... with zero chance of fitting everyone in come March.
This not "new news" ... a youth movement was also on tap.

And yet people don't want to deal Cook or others, to really start over. Which is it? I'm supposed to trust the HC and FO to keep this team "great", or it is a youth movement?

If this is the natural cycle, we didn't get much of a payoff.....

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

As it stands now, this team is significantly worse at WR, DT, DE, CB, and K on top of we haven’t improved anything on the roster. 

This team is far from contending for a Super Bowl, and doesn’t even look like a playoff contender at this point. 

Correct. And the odds any rookie WR does 2/3 of what Diggs did are close to zero. 

27 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The offseason hasn't even start yet.

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

The offseason hasn't even start yet.

Sure it has. They've traded a star away. And other teams have added players..... Or did none of the past few days happen? Also, started or not, what he posted is true. Or are you arguing they aren't worse off right now?

11 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Correct. And the odds any rookie WR does 2/3 of what Diggs did are close to zero. 

I'm pretty sure a good rookie or a cheap veteran can get 750 yards and 4 TD as a #2 WR in this offense. Definitely not unreasonable. 

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

Sure it has. They've traded a star away. And other teams have added players..... Or did none of the past few days happen? Also, started or not, what he posted is true. Or are you arguing they aren't worse off right now?

A star?

Stars usually have a couple all-pros to their name of even a pro-bowl appearance. None of which Diggs has earned. What he posted is true but true free agency hasn't started. The Vikings will start making some moves tomorrow afternoon.

8 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

And yet people don't want to deal Cook or others, to really start over. Which is it? I'm supposed to trust the HC and FO to keep this team "great", or it is a youth movement?

If this is the natural cycle, we didn't get much of a payoff.....

The team isn't starting over -- just retooling. The youth movement is the retooling due to finances.

You don't hit the panic button and blow it all up just because of ONLY A FEW issues when you just lost to the team that went to the Super Bowl. These issues can still be addressed.

I don't see why the Vikings can't make the playoffs this year. This team still has a lot of good players. 

53 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Yeah, getting immediately worse is what happens when you trade a player for draft picks. 

Let’s have this conversation after the draft and FA are over. I’ll miss Diggs but I can see why they did this. 

32 minutes ago, babababa said:

The team isn't starting over -- just retooling. The youth movement is the retooling due to finances.

You don't hit the panic button and blow it all up just because of ONLY A FEW issues when you just lost to the team that went to the Super Bowl. These issues can still be addressed.

I don't see why the Vikings can't make the playoffs this year. This team still has a lot of good players. 

They were't close to a SB team last year. Most teams have lots of good players....that doesn't make them legit SB contenders. Looking at the team, and adding a couple ok starters in FA, and drafting like they have been, do you see a SB team? Without Griffen, Joseph, and Diggs? They need to replace those players to stay even......

2 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

And cut two starting DL. 

And?

Sure, they were starters but they were overpaid and both are well over 30. Getting younger on the DL is going to be great for the Vikings. And who knows, maybe they do bring Griffen or Joseph back on team-friendly deals. 

Edited by Duff Man

Just now, Duff Man said:

And?

Sure, they were starters but they were overpaid and both are well over 30. 

They need to replace them to stay even with where they were......no matter what they were paid, they need to replace three starters, just to stay even with not being great (good, maybe very good, but not great). I thought we were talking about if they were a worse team right now, not what the cap situation was.