Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

39 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Agreed. Not really a fan of Mannion.

What I'd love to see us do is give up one of those late picks and bring in Josh Rosen.  Poor kid has been in horrible situations on both stops.  He might be salvageable if he were in a better situation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I want us to re-sign Alexander but I get the feeling we are going to re-sign Cook.

After drafting a back in the 3rd last year who was extremely efficient.

And after watching Boone boom onto the scene

And seeing that Abdullah is an effective 3rd down back who can be brought back cheap.

I still trust the process, but I still worry a bit too.

I think you're right on that, Steven.  With Diggs gone, we are in kind of a precarious position on offense.  We had one of the best WR tandems in the league, and now we have Thielen, who is turning 30 and missed time due to injury last year.  If he goes down, we have Bisi Johnson and a rookie as our #1 and #2 receivers.  We almost have to resign Cook now. 

Where we disagree is that I've pretty much lost faith in the process.  I just don't see Zim getting us to the promised land because he doesn't seem to put enough of value on strengthening the trenches.  Being bounced in the playoffs by a more physical team is probably about the best we have to look forward to at this point, IMO.

13 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Or Kearse for that matter.

If it’s a quiet market, I’d like to see him brought back for under $6 million. Otherwise, if it heats up  I’m content getting a 4th or 5th comp round pick based on a $8+ Million contract. Will be interesting to see where his comp lands. 

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

If it’s a quiet market, I’d like to see him brought back for under $6 million. Otherwise, if it heats up  I’m content getting a 4th or 5th comp round pick based on a $8+ Million contract. Will be interesting to see where his comp lands. 

If we're able to move Harris I wouldn't mind bringing back both Kearse (as the starter) and Sendejo (as cheap depth). Safety market, outside of the franchise tags to Simmons and Harris, doesn't appear to be to hot. I'd be pretty surprised if Kearse signed for $8M+.

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Didn't he claim he was leaving?  I thought I read a tweet to that effect, but could be mistaken.