Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

I dont see the logic behind cutting arguably your best OLinemen last year. The cap cut was minimal as well.. It seems like they have some trade or something cooking and needed a roster spot.

Lot of dead money floating around now with this.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

How much of this is Diggs and Rhodes?

Name Dead Cap Number

Stefon Diggs $9,000,000

Xavier Rhodes $4,800,000

Linval Joseph $2,400,000

Everson Griffen $800,000

Cameron Smith $221,364

Marcus Epps $126,567

Kevin McDermott $100,000

Total $17,759,228

Per OTC

2 minutes ago, Saosin said:

I dont see the logic behind cutting arguably your best OLinemen last year. The cap cut was minimal as well.. It seems like they have some trade or something cooking and needed a roster spot.

Lot of dead money floating around now with this.

Most of it is minimal. The one that really hurt the Vikes is Diggs, it wasn’t their intention to trade him when they signed that deal. Certainly, it was hard to predict this fallout given that Diggs signed a second contract to play on Zimmer’s team when Zimmer’s philosophy is not a secret.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Most of it is minimal. The one that really hurt the Vikes is Diggs, it wasn’t their intention to trade him when they signed that deal. Certainly, it was hard to predict this fallout given that Diggs signed a second contract to play on Zimmer’s team when Zimmer’s philosophy is not a secret.

That contract year, Diggs was all smiles. That seemed to have went a bit down hill. But I agree, it wasnt predictable.

This Kline cut is a very unvikings like move in the Spielman era. Normally, they'd let a guy like him rid out that contract and not just take the 4.8m dead money for a 1.5m cap savings. I hope Samia is ready or we are trading/bringing in a player to fill the roll.

I am even more worried about OLine now for upcoming season...it's not that Kline is a top OLineman but atleast he was solid for most part and he alongside ONeil were least of problems with OLine...now I am not even sure how they are gonna upgrade OLine unless they nail the draft

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Could someone explain what "dead money" is?

" A team has dead money when part of their salary cap for that season goes toward a player no longer on the team. So for example, if the Broncos gave a quarterback a $2 million signing bonus on a two-year contract, that bonus would be prorated over the course of the deal. "

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/19/what-is-dead-money-in-the-nfl/

Just a quick summery from a USA today blog.

Edited by Saosin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Could someone explain what "dead money" is?

For a quick refresher, dead money refers to salary cap money a team is spending on a player no longer with the team. A player who receives a $10 million signing bonus on a five-year deal has that bonus count $2 million in cap dollars across all five seasons. If the player is released after three years, the team must take a $4 million dead money cap hit in the fourth year.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2019/03/16/nfl-teams-consider-dead-money-dead-because-salary-cap-keeps-increasing/S3KxVrEhr0mcWbtpzVxkzI/story.html

• Like 1