Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

I just have to imagine that there is more to the Kline cut than we are seeing. His contract wasn't ridiculous, especially for a starting lineman. He was one of the better lineman for us last year, and playing at a position of need for us. Cutting him earns us barely any cap room while leaving a significant hole. It just doesn't add up. Yes, they tried to get him to restructure, but just because you can't agree to a restructure doesn't mean you should cut the guy outright.

Zimmer said this so hopefully he is correct, he is referencing Samia in this quote apparently.  

"I think we've got some young guys that basically redshirted this year that I think are going to have opportunities to be good football players," Zimmer said. "I'm hoping that becomes even more of a strength for us next year, and we'll be looking to continually improve not just that position, but all of them."

Udoh should be the backup OT instead of Hill as well.  Still say drafting a OG and or project OT is still pretty important though.  

• Like 1

i knew almost nothing about michael pierce but he was a UDFA from Samford in 2016. he's short at 6'0 but thick at a list 345, didn't attend the combine and didn't test his length at his pro day so no idea how long he is. 

he's also pretty athletic with a very good 10-yard split, average bench and good broad jump. didn't do either the shuttle or 3-cone at his pro day...

just by overall PFF grade last season (i don't have their advanced stuff), he graded slightly below linval at 69 vs. 71, both of which are above average. he played on the second round tender last season so i'm not sure what kind of contract he would be in line for.

without knowing too much about him or about his contract he seems like a decent replacement at nose tackle?