Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Okay, so with 4.5 going to rookies (lets say 5 with all the draft picks) that leaves us with 2mil.

We still need to re-sign Bailey and/or Griffen.

So the next logical move is trade Harris?

Restructure Reiff.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Okay, so with 4.5 going to rookies (lets say 5 with all the draft picks) that leaves us with 2mil.

Or do something with Reiff like a restructure or cut ties.

Dont forget, there is a legit need for WR and CB depth. You can’t lose your top 3 CBs and not expect to bring at least one FA. Especially with Zimmer’s tendencies to sit rookie until their rookie contract expires.

i still see Kline in over the cap.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Tell Baily to take vet minimum because we have a couple 7th rounder to use on kickers and Spielman will trade back for 15 more 7th rounders just because.

Trade Harris

Restructure Reiff

So, the Vikings have the following DB's on the roster signed to contracts: Smith,  Hughes, Hill and Chris Boyd. Am I missing anyone? Sendejo is not under contract IIRC?

2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

So, the Vikings have the following DB's on the roster signed to contracts: Smith,  Hughes, Hill and Chris Boyd. Am I missing anyone? Sendejo is not under contract IIRC?

Anthony Harris.

Sandejo is not under contract.

19 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Also have a few future contract signings at CB in Mark Fields, Kemon Hall, and CFL signed Marcus Sayles.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Anthony Harris.

Sandejo is not under contract.

Right.

Harris, we believe, is being traded, although I thought that would've been accomplished by now.

As I see it, the holes on this team are as follows (not in any order of importance or preference):

Place Kicker...Bailey has not been resigned, but probably will be.

Strong Safety...Harris under contract, but team is shopping him

2 Outside Corners and 1 Slot Corner...Hughes, Hill and Byrd have not been consistent starters...does the team bring back Rhodes on cheap contract?

DT...Michael Pierce has been added, but after him this position could use further upgrading

Right Defensive End...will one of the young'un's step up? Will Griffen be brought back cheap?

Number 2 and 3 Receivers...Adam Thielen is the only returning starter, and he was banged up a good portion of last year.  Are Bisi Johnson and Chad Beebe ready to step up?  I am thinking the Vikings will draft someone on day two.

Right Guard and Left Guard...I was as surprised as most of you that Kline was let go.  Maybe Samia is ready!  Still, Elflein remains terrible on the left side.  I am not sure that moving Reiff is the right answer, but I suspect that's exactly what the Vikings will do.

LT...One of the two first round picks is undoubtedly going to be a left tackle.  I hope that it's someone who can start right away.

I think that the first four draft picks will go LT, CB, DT, WR...in that order.

We have like four 7th round picks, right? I'm fine with just throwing all those picks at WRs and see who sticks. 

We have a good record of making low/non draft picks work. Diggs, Thielen, Bisi Johnson, Jarius Wright,  Charles Johnson...

It is the high draft picks that bust (Treadwell, Patterson, Harvin...)

My thoughts on how the starting offensive line likely will look for next year:

Entrenched
RT - Brian O'Neill & C - Garrett Bradbury

Will Be Either the LT/LG
Riley Reiff

Competing for RG
Dru Samia & Pat Elflein

The Draft
Taking the best player to fill in either spot on the left side of the line

-----

The biggest thing will be having competent play from either Samia or Elflein (played right guard, not left in college and would be a more natural fit given his handedness, and also his last shot to stick on this team).  It's a damn near necessity that one of our first three picks is an offensive line player

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

We have like four 7th round picks, right? I'm fine with just throwing all those picks at WRs and see who sticks. 

We have a good record of making low/non draft picks work. Diggs, Thielen, Bisi Johnson, Jarius Wright,  Charles Johnson...

It is the high draft picks that bust (Treadwell, Patterson, Harvin...)

3, one was traded with Diggs.

8 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Right.

Harris, we believe, is being traded, although I thought that would've been accomplished by now.

As I see it, the holes on this team are as follows (not in any order of importance or preference):

Place Kicker...Bailey has not been resigned, but probably will be.

Strong Safety...Harris under contract, but team is shopping him

2 Outside Corners and 1 Slot Corner...Hughes, Hill and Byrd have not been consistent starters...does the team bring back Rhodes on cheap contract?

DT...Michael Pierce has been added, but after him this position could use further upgrading

Right Defensive End...will one of the young'un's step up? Will Griffen be brought back cheap?

Number 2 and 3 Receivers...Adam Thielen is the only returning starter, and he was banged up a good portion of last year.  Are Bisi Johnson and Chad Beebe ready to step up?  I am thinking the Vikings will draft someone on day two.

Right Guard and Left Guard...I was as surprised as most of you that Kline was let go.  Maybe Samia is ready!  Still, Elflein remains terrible on the left side.  I am not sure that moving Reiff is the right answer, but I suspect that's exactly what the Vikings will do.

LT...One of the two first round picks is undoubtedly going to be a left tackle.  I hope that it's someone who can start right away.

I think that the first four draft picks will go LT, CB, DT, WR...in that order.

Given that Reiff is still able to play LT effectively, I don't know that LT is addressed this year in the 1st. That said nobody would cry if the team traded up for Becton or Wirfs.

Maybe a trade-up for UT Javon Kinlaw or one of the OT prospects (if one falls a bit) would be a good move. Personally I'd go after Kinlaw.

If Griffen doesn't come back, we might use one of the 1st rd picks at DE.